Does anyone know how to view the new source in IE after an AJAX update?
When I “view -> source” I get the original page source, not the page
source as updated.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

with firefox 1.5 and the developer plugin you can choose “view generated
source” ( i think that what it is called).

mark

Does anyone know how to view the new source in IE after an AJAX update?
When I “view → source” I get the original page source, not the page source
as updated.

Thanks in advance,

That goes for any type of Javascript that changes the DOM. I recommend
using Firefox and getting the Firebug plugin if you want to debug the
DOM and Ajax updates. It’s a fantastic combination.

David Heinemeier H.
http://www.loudthinking.com – Broadcasting Brain
http://www.basecamphq.com – Online project management
http://www.backpackit.com – Personal information manager
http://www.rubyonrails.com – Web-application framework

forgot the link :slight_smile:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en

You can download the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar. It will show
you
the DOM object live. It’s not viewing the source, but actually a live
DOM
object

In firefox, you can just hightlight any part of the page and then select
view selected source to view the updated dom.

For IE you could use Instant Source:
Instant Source - Internet Explorer plugin for HTML, JavaScript, VBScript, style sheets (CSS) viewing. IE browser plug-in, addon, add-on. It
has some features that are not (yet) implemented in any Firefox plugin
AFAIK…

Thanks! I’m pretty sure I’m going to need this since it’s now working
fine on Firefox but not at all on IE. This might be just what I need to
figure out why.

Best regards,
Bill
Instant Source - Internet Explorer plugin for HTML, JavaScript, VBScript, style sheets (CSS) viewing. IE browser plug-in, addon, add-on. It has some features that are not
(yet) implemented in any Firefox plugin AFAIK…

Rails mailing list

Thanks, Marlon. I appreciate it!

Best regards,
Bill

--

Marlon

Marlon

Rails mailing list

Thanks David. Perfect. Code works fine now in Firefox. Firebug helped
me
see what I was doing wrong. Only problem now is that what works great
in
Firefox doesn’t work at all in IE ;-( Any suggestions on tools for that
environment?

Best regards,
Bill

Does anyone know how to view the new source in IE after an AJAX update?
When I “view → source” I get the original page source, not the page
source
as updated.

Thanks in advance,

That goes for any type of Javascript that changes the DOM. I recommend
using Firefox and getting the Firebug plugin if you want to debug the
DOM and Ajax updates. It’s a fantastic combination.

David Heinemeier H.
http://www.loudthinking.com – Broadcasting Brain
http://www.basecamphq.com – Online project management
http://www.backpackit.com – Personal information manager
http://www.rubyonrails.com – Web-application framework

Rails mailing list

You can do:

alert(document.body.innerHTML);

Am 03.04.2006 um 21:44 schrieb Bill W.:

Yeah, and if anyone uses firebug but hasn’t updated to 0.3, definitely
do it now… looks
like a complete rework… waaaay more powerful.