View configuration

Hi,

I have a list of things in my application (let it be list with something
to borrow).
I wanted to change in css and view something.

I wanted to see row with has one field empty (let us say it will be
given back date) in different color(red or something)

Fragement of my view …

<% for list in @lists -%>

<%=h list.id -%>) <%=h list.title %> <%=h list.body %> <%=h list.char %> <%=h list.sim %> <%=h list.oth %> <%=h list.wyp %> <%=h list.od %> <%=h list.comm %> <% end %>

and CSS

.list-line-even {
background: #f8b0f8 ;
}

that changing color of my list view perfectly i wonder how to add this
feature

if some empty field is in row class is being changed do different…

I thought about :

<% for list in @lists -%>

<% if list.od = ''-%> <%=h list.id -%>) <%=h list.title %> <%=h list.body %> <%=h list.char %> <%=h list.sim %> <%=h list.oth %> <%=h list.wyp %> <%=h list.od %> <%=h list.comm %> <% end %>

and CSS

.list-line-even1 {
background: #f8b0f8 ;
}

.list-line-even {
background: #fff ;
}

that changig color of my list view perfectly i wonder how to add this
feature

if some empty field is in row class is being changed do different…

Regards
beny18241

So you want to be able to set a differnt style to cells that are empty.
You can do something like:

In the view:
<td<%= ’ class=“empty”’ if(list.commm.blank?) %>>
<%=h list.comm %>

In the css:

.list-line-even.empty, .list-line-even1.empty {
color: #F00;
}

Sharagoz – wrote:

So you want to be able to set a differnt style to cells that are empty.
You can do something like:

In the view:
<td<%= ’ class=“empty”’ if(list.commm.blank?) %>>
<%=h list.comm %>

In the css:

.list-line-even.empty, .list-line-even1.empty {
color: #F00;
}

THANKS WORKS !!

beny 18241 wrote:

Sharagoz – wrote:

So you want to be able to set a differnt style to cells that are empty.
You can do something like:

In the view:
<td<%= ’ class=“empty”’ if(list.commm.blank?) %>>
<%=h list.comm %>

In the css:

.list-line-even.empty, .list-line-even1.empty {
color: #F00;
}

THANKS WORKS !!

Sorry i need to add another question how to make it that way that i have
2 css defined ?

I mean:

<% for list in @lists -%>

.... <%=h list.id -%>) <%=h list.title %> <%=h list.body %> <%=h list.char %> <%=h list.sim %> <%=h list.oth %> <%=h list.wyp %> <%=h list.od %> <%=h list.comm %>

Regards
beny18241

beny 18241 wrote:

Hi,

I have a list of things in my application (let it be list with something
to borrow).
I wanted to change in css and view something.

I wanted to see row with has one field empty (let us say it will be
given back date) in different color(red or something)

Fragement of my view …

<% for list in @lists -%>

Just a quick question: why are you using <% %> with a literal string?
Since the value of the string will never change, you don’t need the <%
%>.

(And you really should try Haml instead of ERb.)

Best,
–Â
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
[email protected]

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs