Versions?


#1

I’m using Rails 2.3 and Ruby 1.9.1 on OS X 10.5, and some simple things
are failing. I can’t believe I’m the only one who has encountered these
issues, so if anybody else is using the same tool versions, would you
please give a shout?


#2

On Mar 4, 12:17 pm, Jeff S. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I’m using Rails 2.3 and Ruby 1.9.1 on OS X 10.5, and some simple things
are failing. I can’t believe I’m the only one who has encountered these
issues, so if anybody else is using the same tool versions, would you
please give a shout?

I don’t believe it’s supposed to work on Ruby 1.9 yet.


#3

On 4 Mar 2009, at 20:17, Jeff S. wrote:

I’m using Rails 2.3 and Ruby 1.9.1 on OS X 10.5, and some simple
things
are failing. I can’t believe I’m the only one who has encountered
these
issues, so if anybody else is using the same tool versions, would you
please give a shout?

2.3 is only an RC and ruby 1.9.1 is rather cutting edge so a few
issues are out there (hence why it’s an RC)


#4

khiltd wrote:

On Mar 4, 12:17 pm, Jeff S. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I’m using Rails 2.3 and Ruby 1.9.1 on OS X 10.5, and some simple things
are failing. I can’t believe I’m the only one who has encountered these
issues, so if anybody else is using the same tool versions, would you
please give a shout?

I don’t believe it’s supposed to work on Ruby 1.9 yet.

Thanks; I guess I’m breaking new wind here.


#5

Frederick C. wrote:

2.3 is only an RC and ruby 1.9.1 is rather cutting edge so a few
issues are out there (hence why it’s an RC)

Fair enough. I went with 2.3 because that’s what the Rails Guides
cover. I chose 1.9 because it’s supposedly a pretty major upgrade.

I’m willing to deal with a few issues; in fact, it would probably be a
great learning experience to find & fix a few bugs. At least this
explains why I’m not seeing reports of other people having the same
problems.