Validates preference of at least one param

I have a simple RESTful search scaffold that finds data in a separate
model and controller.

<h1>New search</h1>

<% form_for(@search) do |f| %>
  <%= f.error_messages %>

    <%= f.label :category_id %><br />
    <%= f.collection_select :category_id, Category.all, :id, :name,
:include_blank => true %>
    Age Range<br />
    <%= f.text_field :minimum_age, :size => 3 %> -
    <%= f.text_field :maximum_age, :size => 3 %>

    <%= f.submit 'Create' %>
<% end %>

I would like to require at least one parameter in the search, be it a
selected category, a minimum age, or a maximum age.

Sean S. wrote:

I have a simple RESTful search scaffold that finds data in a separate
model and controller.

<h1>New search</h1>

> <% form_for(@search) do |f| %>
>   <%= f.error_messages %>

>     <%= f.label :category_id %><br />
>     <%= f.collection_select :category_id, Category.all, :id, :name,
> :include_blank => true %>
>     Age Range<br />
>     <%= f.text_field :minimum_age, :size => 3 %> -
>     <%= f.text_field :maximum_age, :size => 3 %>

>     <%= f.submit 'Create' %>
> <% end %>

I would like to require at least one parameter in the search, be it a
selected category, a minimum age, or a maximum age.

Then write a custom validation method.

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org