application through this server, so I write: http://audio and everything
goes fine. I’m able to enter articulos and categorias, list, edit, show,
and delete them without problems. But when I introduce in:

~app/models/categoria.rb

a line with: validates_uniqueness_of :categoria, :message => “ya existe”

I get in my browser when creating a new categoria item:

NoMethodError in Categorias#create

undefined method `categoria’ for #Categoria:0x40a606cc

RAILS_ROOT: /var/www/audio/public/…/config/…
Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace

#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1786:in
method_missing' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:300:invalidates_each’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:299:in
validates_each' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:794:inrun_validations’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:788:in
run_validations' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:752:invalid_without_callbacks’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/callbacks.rb:306:in
valid?' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:723:insave_without_transactions’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:126:in
save' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:51:intransaction’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:91:in
transaction' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:118:intransaction’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:126:in
save' #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/controllers/categorias_controller.rb:25:increate’

method_missing' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:300:invalidates_each’
validates_each' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:794:inrun_validations’
run_validations' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:752:invalid_without_callbacks’
valid?' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:723:insave_without_transactions’
save' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:51:intransaction’
transaction' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:118:intransaction’
save' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:908:inperform_action_without_filters’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:355:in
perform_action_without_benchmark' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:in measure' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:inperform_action_without_rescue’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:82:in
perform_action' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:379:inprocess_without_filters’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:364:in
process_without_session_management_support' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:117:inprocess’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/railties/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:in dispatch' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:150:inprocess_request’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:54:in process!' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:600:ineach_cgi’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:in each_cgi' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:53:inprocess!’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:23:in `process!’
/var/www/audio/public/dispatch.fcgi:26

save' #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/controllers/categorias_controller.rb:25:increate’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:908:in
perform_action_without_filters' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:355:inperform_action_without_benchmark’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:in
perform_action_without_rescue' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:inmeasure’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:in
perform_action_without_rescue' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:82:inperform_action’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:379:in
process_without_filters' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:364:inprocess_without_session_management_support’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:117:in
process' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/railties/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:indispatch’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:150:in
process_request' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:54:inprocess!’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:600:in each_cgi' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:ineach_cgi’
#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:53:in process!' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/railties/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:23:inprocess!’
/var/www/audio/public/dispatch.fcgi:26

Request

Parameters: {“categoria”=>{“titulo”=>“as”}, “commit”=>“Create”}

Show session dump

flash: !map:ActionController::Flash::FlashHash {}

Response
Headers: {“cookie”=>[], “Cache-Control”=>“no-cache”}

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Antonio

antonio rv wrote:

I’ve modified my apache2’s config files in order to access my
application through this server, so I write: http://audio and everything
goes fine. I’m able to enter articulos and categorias, list, edit, show,
and delete them without problems. But when I introduce in:

~app/models/categoria.rb

a line with: validates_uniqueness_of :categoria, :message => “ya existe”

I get in my browser when creating a new categoria item:

NoMethodError in Categorias#create

I suspect that should be validate_uniqueness_of :titulos, :message =>
“ya existe”

You’re telling the category to validate the uniqueness of the title when
it’s created.

Alan

Alan F. escribió:

You’re telling the category to validate the uniqueness of the title when
it’s created.

Alan

Dear Alan,

Many, many thanks!! Now it works!

Best regards!

Antonio

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs