I need to put some data into the database using migrations. The data
needs to be in UTF-8 format (since the database and the rest of the
Rails application is UTF-8). It doesn’t work.
I have set up the UTF-8 support in environment.rb (which works perfectly
in the rest of the application). I have also tested to save the
migration file as a UTF-8 file (variable char length), as a unicode file
(double bytes) and as latin1 file (none works, just gives different
crappy chars in db). It still doesn’t work. What should I do to make it
Rails 1.1, Ruby 1.8.4, Windows XP Pro, MySQL 4.1.11.nt with
ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 on all tables.