USRP1 FPGA modification problem

Hi,

We have been working with an (old) USRP1 and doing some modifications in
the
FPGA code. After our modifications (we added an extra layer of DDCs to
perform channel separation in the FPGA), the things didn’t work as
expected.

In some Gnuradio applications the USRP stops sending samples after some
time. For example, usrp_fft.py runs just fine all the time, but
usrp_rx_cfile.py and usrp_wfm_rcv.py work for some secs and then the
USRP
stops sending samples.

I added some pics of our preliminary debugging. In the figures, the
yellow,
blue and red signals refer to the have_pkt_rdy, RD and OE signals,
respectively. After some time, the Cypress stops setting RD and OE
signals
in response to the assertion of have_pkt_rdy (first figure). Latter, the
USB
FIFO in the FPGA overflows and then have_pkt_rdy goes down (figure 2).
So it
seems the problem is not with our modifications in the FPGA code but
with
something related to the Cypress.

Have someone ever had a similar problem ? Any clue in how to solve this
would help a lot. We are using Gnuradio 3.2.2.

The funny thing is that usrp_fft.py works perfectly (we double checked
all
*.py to make sure our new bitstream is always being loadded and our new
DDCs
are being properly configured).

Thanks.

Regards,
Tiago.

Hi,

Have anyone taken a look at this ?

We are still struggling to find a solution to this problem. Any tip
would
help a lot.

Thanks,
Tiago

Em 27 de maio de 2011 16:51, Tiago Rogrio Mck
[email protected]escreveu:

Tiago,

It is very hard to help you. You are basically saying “we did something
different and it doesn’t work.” You haven’t posted code, you’re using
an old version of GNU Radio, and not using the latest drivers (UHD).
This all makes it hard to help you.

If the FPGA is asserting have_pkt_rdy, the FX2 is not setting RD and OE,
and you haven’t changed the code running in theFX2, then it is likely
that your app on the host has died or closed.

Matt

Hi,

Thank you for your attention.

We know that we are working with old versions and this is a problem.
We’ve
had some previous modifications, and it seemed easier to keep working
with
them instead of porting everything to the latest firmware/drivers.

Anyway, we will take a closer look into what is happening on the host.

Thanks,
Tiago

Em 15 de junho de 2011 14:05, Matt E. [email protected] escreveu:

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs