Using USRP and Osmo sources

Has anyone used a USRP and Osmosdr source together on the same graph? I
am trying. To run a HackRF and an Ettus b200 together and I am getting a
lot of 'D’s. I have tried putting both at a low sampling rate but it
doesn’t seem to change things. I am running it on an i7 so there should
be enough CPU. Could it be a USB issue? Could the drivers be
interfering?

Sent from my iPhone

You might try running your USRP and HackRF on separate USB controllers.
Different ports on the same controller, might be leading to conflicts
in packet scheduling at a fairly-low layer in the stack. I think HackRF
uses libusb, just like USRPs, so they are subject to the same
constraints in underlying USB drivers.

On 2015-03-13 10:08, Luke B. wrote:

Has anyone used a USRP and Osmosdr source together on the same graph? I am
trying. To run a HackRF and an Ettus b200 together and I am getting a lot of 'D’s.
I have tried putting both at a low sampling rate but it doesn’t seem to change
things. I am running it on an i7 so there should be enough CPU. Could it be a USB
issue? Could the drivers be interfering?

Sent from my iPhone


Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio [1]

Links:

Maybe you’re seeing a classical two-clock problem: The USRP’s and the
the HackRF’s have independent oscillators, and so the sampling rates are
not really exactly related to each other – for example, your USRP could
be asked to sample 10MS/s, giving you 10.000003MS/s, whereas the HackRF
is configured to transmit 10MS/s, and consumes 9.999990MS/s. After a few
seconds, samples start piling up.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs