Using two daughter boards in USRP1

Hello,
I am trying to use two daughter boards in one USRP1. I have RFX400 on
one side A and TVRX on side B.
When i try to use two seprate terminals to test the daughter cards in
such a way that RFX400 is transmitting and TVRX is recieving on the same
USRP1 device using uhd_fft and benchmark_tx.py for sending data, but
this does not work. when i run uhd_fft the scanning works but when i try
to run benchmark_tx in another window, it gives some error tha can not
find usrp device, how can i make it possible to work with both cards on
the same device rather than using two different devices.

On 09/20/2012 09:46 AM, Sajjad S. wrote:

You need to use the source and sink block within the same process. Since
uhd_fft and benchmark* are two different apps, you may have better luck
re-creating those apps within one GRC flowgraph.

-josh

Hello,
I have read in your frequently ask questions that we may record data
from two daughter boards in one USRP. But i have the same question but
in different way. Can we use one daughter card as sender and the other
asreceiver, rather using two USRP for this purpose.

Best Regards.

I am trying to use two daughter boards in one USRP1. I have RFX400 on
one side A and TVRX on side B.
When i try to use two seprate terminals to test the daughter cards in
such a way that RFX400 is transmitting and TVRX is recieving on the same
USRP1 device using uhd_fft and benchmark_tx.py for sending data, but
this does not work. when i run uhd_fft the scanning works but when i try
to run benchmark_tx in another window, it gives some error tha can not
find usrp device, how can i make it possible to work with both cards on
the same device rather than using two different devices.

Hello,
I have tried as you suggested but it does not worked. I have attached a
screen shoot as well.

Best Regards,
SAJJAD SAFDAR

I am trying to use two daughter boards in one USRP1. I have RFX400 on
one side A and TVRX on side B.
When i try to use two seprate terminals to test the daughter cards in
such a way that RFX400 is transmitting and TVRX is recieving on the same
USRP1 device using uhd_fft and benchmark_tx.py for sending data, but
this does not work. when i run uhd_fft the scanning works but when i try
to run benchmark_tx in another window, it gives some error tha can not
find usrp device, how can i make it possible to work with both cards on
the same device rather than using two different devices.

On 05 Oct 2012 13:17, Sajjad S. wrote:

Only a single process
may have the USRP1 open at any one time, so you’ll have to arrange your
experiments that way. This has to do, at least partially, with the way
USB device file descriptors work.

Hello,
I have tried as you
suggested but it does not worked. I have attached a screen shoot as
well.

Best Regards,
SAJJAD SAFDAR

questions that we may record data from two daughter boards in one USRP.
But i have the same question but in different way. Can we use one
daughter card as sender and the other as receiver, rather using two USRP
for this purpose.

Best Regards.

in one USRP1. I have RFX400 on one side A and TVRX on side B.
When i
try to use two seprate terminals to test the daughter cards in such a
way that RFX400 is transmitting and TVRX is recieving on the same USRP1
device using uhd_fft and benchmark_tx.py [1] for sending data, but this
does not work. when i run uhd_fft the scanning works but when i try to
run benchmark_tx in another window, it gives some error tha can not find
usrp device, how can i make it possible to work with both cards on the
same device rather than using two different devices.

Links:

Can we use one daughter card as sender

and the other as receiver, rather using two USRP for this purpose.

USRP1 may have 2 transmitter and 2 receiver frontends.

You may transmit from either frontend and receive from either frontend.
Any combination should be OK.

Cheers,
-josh