We have a java project where we’re using Rails migrations to handle
database evolution. We’re not using Rails for anything else (in this
project) so we have done some standalone scripts that uses irb (we
have a migration console) and ActiveRecord/Migrations.
What I would like to do now is to change to use JRuby instead. This is
for several reasons:
- I want to include necessary jars (and possibly other stuff) in our
VCS in order to not require extra installations apart from java (and
- I want to control it better from ant
- I want to run the migrations from inside our server if we notice
that the environment isn’t setup correctly
- I want to be able to use HSQLDB/H2 for development environments and
demo environments (where we want as little setup overhead as possible)
- It harmonzies better with the rest of our environment
I’m fairly new to JRuby (not standard Ruby and Rails though) and would
love to have some pointers on where to start to fix this.
ps. I do believe that JRuby rocks!
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit: