Using custom signal processing module

Hello,

I followed “writing a signal processing block for GNU radio” with little
bit of modification and I was able to compile and ran make check without
any problem.
When I launch gnuradio-companion, the module I made showed up. However,
when I try to import the module from python script, I get import error
saying there is no such as module.
Is there anything like Python configuration file which contains all
paths
to Python module? If so, what do I need to modify?
Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Thomas

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 08:45 -0400, Thomas H Kim wrote:

Your help will be appreciated.
Did you make install?

–n

Yes, I did…
My custom module showed up in gnuradio-companion after I ran make
install… But, I couldn’t load it in python script.

Thomas

From: Nick F. [email protected]
To: Thomas H Kim [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Date: 06/06/2011 01:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using custom signal processing
module

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 16:59 -0400, Thomas H Kim wrote:

Yes, I did…
My custom module showed up in gnuradio-companion after I ran make
install… But, I couldn’t load it in python script.

Did you change the swig stuff as well to point to your new custom block?
It’s in the swig directory of the custom block project. This needs to be
done so that swig can generate python bindings for the C++ blocks.

If you did, and you’re pretty sure it’s correct, then make sure wherever
your new module got installed is in your PYTHONPATH.

–n