User_Engine - rake engine_migrate brings stack level too dee

Hi,

I ran into another problem when trying the user_engine. I guess I do
something wrong here and I hope somebody could help me with this.

I installed the user_engine from svn today and did all the steps until
step 7 in the readme.
With gettext disabled (see my other post from today), the Login-Engine
runs fine by now.

I edited my environment and application-controller as stated in the
manual:

Environment:

module LoginEngine
config :salt, “…”
config :use_email_notification, true
config :user_table, ‘schema_login’
end
module UserEngine
config :admin_login, ‘admin’
config :admin_email, ‘[email protected]
config :admin_password, ‘admin’
end
Engines.start :login, :user

‘rake engine_migrate ENGINE=user’

(in /home/manu/asterisk)
Migrating engine ‘user_engine’
rake aborted!
stack level too deep

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Manuel

Are you using edge rails?

  • james

Well, yes I do.

Maybe I should unfreeze it and see if it works then, right?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Kind regards,

Manuel

----- Nachricht von [email protected] ---------
Datum: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:44:33 +0000
Von: James A. [email protected]
Antwort an: Discussion of the use of existing Engines
[email protected]
Betreff: Re: [Engine-users] User_Engine - rake engine_migrate
brings stack level too deep
An: Discussion of the use of existing Engines
[email protected]

I installed the user_engine from svn today and did all the steps until
config :use_email_notification, true
‘rake engine_migrate ENGINE=user’
Kind regards,

engine-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.rails-engines.org/listinfo.cgi/engine-users-rails-engines.org

----- Ende der Nachricht von [email protected] -----

You need to use a different version of the Engines plugin with edge
rails:

http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/engines/branches/edge

This is because edge rails has a different loading mechanism to Rails
1.0

  • james