Use USRP1 and USRP N200 at the same time

Hi everyone,

Im a student in a telecommunication school and I need to use GNURadio
for a
project.

I have two USRP : 1 USRP1 (USB interface) and 1 USRP N200 (ethernet
interface).

The USRP1 works with a software that use GNURadio 3.2.2.

Now, I need to develop an other software with the USRPN200. This
software
need to run on the same computer, at same time that the first software.

What GNURadio and UHD version I need? It is possible to keep GNURadio
3.2.2,
install UHD and use both USRPs at the same time without conflict?

Thanks in advance for your response.

No

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 01:51:00PM +0100, Noé Beuret wrote:

Hi everyone,

I’m a student in a telecommunication school and I need to use GNURadio for a
project.

Cool, good luck!

I have two USRP : 1 USRP1 (USB interface) and 1 USRP N200 (ethernet interface).

The USRP1 works with a software that use GNURadio 3.2.2.

…it also works with a current version (unless you’ve done something
super funky to it).

Now, I need to develop an other software with the USRPN200. This software need
to run on the same computer, at same time that the first software.

What GNURadio and UHD version I need? It is possible to keep GNURadio 3.2.2,
install UHD and use both USRPs at the same time without conflict?

3.2.2 is ancient. Unless you have a really, really good reason, don’t
use it. Grab the newest version of both UHD and GNU Radio and then
start your project.

MB

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your response.

Last week I tried to install the latest version of GNURadio and UHD with
the script provided by Marcus L., but I read somewhere that GNURadio
version need to be between 3.3 and 3.5 for working with USRP1 because
newer version don’t use libusrp… It is right?

And it’s not a problem to use both USRPs at the same time without
conflict? For trying, it is possible to run uhd_fft.py and usrp_fft.py
together?

Thanks :wink:

Noé

-----Message d’origine-----
[...]

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and National
Laboratory of the Helmholtz Association

USRP1 works just fine with the very-latest Gnu Radio and UHD just
fine–I ran one that way just the other night. So you can run
build-gnuradio to download the very latest UHD and Gnu Radio and it’ll
work just fine with both your N210 and your USRP1.

There’s absolutely
no reason for a new user such as yourself to use any of the “classic”
API for USRP1. Just use UHD for everything.

Yes, you should be able to
use two uhd_fft.py – one setup to talk to your N210 and the other setup
to talk to your USRP1, that should work just fine.

-Marcus

On Fri,
23 Mar 2012 14:38:55 +0100, Noé Beuret wrote:

Hi!

Thanks a lot
for your response.

Last week I tried to install the latest version
of GNURadio and UHD with the script provided by Marcus L., but I read
somewhere that GNURadio version need to be between 3.3 and 3.5 for
working with USRP1 because newer version don’t use libusrp… It is
right?

And it’s not a problem to use both USRPs at the same time
without conflict? For trying, it is possible to run uhd_fft.py and
usrp_fft.py together?

Thanks :wink:

Noé

-----Message
d’origine-----
De :
discuss-gnuradio-bounces+noe_beuret=removed_email_address@domain.invalid [1]
telecommunication school and I need to use GNURadio for a project.

Cool, good luck!

I have two USRP : 1 USRP1 (USB interface) and 1
USRP N200 (ethernet interface). The USRP1 works with a software that use
GNURadio 3.2.2.
…it also works with a current version (unless you’ve
done something super funky to it). Now, I n

time that the first
software. What GNURadio and UHD version I need? It is possible to keep
GNURadio 3.2.2, install UHD and use both USRPs at the same time without
conflict? 3.2.2 is ancient. Unless you have a really, really good
608-43790 Fax: +49 721 608-46071 www.cel.kit.edu [4] KIT – University
of the State of Baden-Württemberg and National Laboratory of the
Helmholtz Association _______________________________________________
Discuss-gnuradio mailing list [email protected] [5]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page [6]

Links:

[1]
mailto:discuss-gnuradio-bounces+noe_beuret=removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[2]
mailto:discuss-gnuradio-bounces+noe_beuret=removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[3]
mailto:[email protected]
[4] http://www.cel.kit.edu
[5]
mailto:[email protected]
[6]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your response.

If I would use an old version of GNURadio it’s because a software that I
need use it with USRP1. I’m afraid that this software doesn’t work if I
use a newest gnuradio version or UHD.

Noé

[...]

I have not managed to install what I wanted for my school project.
After gnuradio and uhd installation with the build_gnuradio script,
uhd_find_device found only usrp n200 but not usrp1…

I didn’t have much time so I wouldn’t touch anything in the first
software. So I would start writing the second software even if the work
environment is not perfect. I hope that problems will be resolved later

My professor give me this :

1 USRP1
1 USRP N200
1 software that use gnuradio-3.2.2

Now I have to write software that uses UHD and works in parallel with
the first software.

The objective of this second software is to use the usrp n200 to emit a
cosinus signal that have a span of 1MHz.
Somebody can help me to start with this UHD project? Where can I find a
tutorial (or examples) for writing uhd application?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Noé

De : “[email protected][email protected]
À : [email protected]
Envoyé le : Vendredi 23 mars 2012 15h55

Conversion to UHD should be too hard. You generally don’t have to touch
the “guts”, just the source/sink blocks.
-Marcus

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:29:26 +0100, Noé Beuret wrote:
Hi Marcus,

À : [email protected]

[...]

DE : discuss-gnuradio-bounces+noe_beuret=removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[mailto:discuss-gnuradio-bounces+noe_beuret=removed_email_address@domain.invalid] DE LA PART
DE [email protected]
ENVOYÉ : vendredi 23 mars 2012 15:04
À :
[email protected]
OBJET : Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Use USRP1 and
USRP N200 at the same time

[...]

De :
[...]

– o ignored →

[...]

Try:

uhd_usrp_probe --args “type=usrp1”

Then

uhd_usrp_probe
–args “addr=192.168.10.2”

That should (assuming you have networking
setup correctly) give you probe outputs from both your USRP1 and N200.

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:06:05 +0100 (BST), Noé Beuret wrote:

[...]

À :
[email protected]
[...]

À :

Beuret wrote:

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your response.

Last week I tried to install the latest version of GNURadio and UHD
with the script provided by Marcus L., but I read somewhere that
GNURadio version need to be between 3.3 and 3.5 for working with USRP1
because newer version don’t use libusrp… It is right?

And
it’s not a problem to use both USRPs at the same time without conflict?
For trying, it is possible to run uhd_fft.py and usrp_fft.py
together?

Thanks :wink:

Noé

-----Message
d’origine-----

De :
discuss-gnuradio-bounces+noe_beuret=removed_email_address@domain.invalid [1]
[Discuss-gnuradio] Use USRP1 and USRP N200 at the same time

On
Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 01:51:00PM +0100, Noé Beuret wrote:

Hi
everyone,

I’m a student in a telecommunication school and I
need to use GNURadio

for a project.

Cool, good
luck!

I have two USRP : 1 USRP1 (USB interface) and 1 USRP
N200 (ethernet interface).

The USRP1 works with a software
that use GNURadio 3.2.2.

…it also works with a current
version (unless you’ve done something super funky to it).

Now,
I need t> ;

;

MB

Karlsruhe Institute of
Technology (KIT)

Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.

Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12

Building 05.01

76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790

Fax: +49 721 608-46071

www.cel.kit.edu [4]

KIT – University of the State of
Baden-Württemberg and National Laboratory of the Helmholtz
Association

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list

[email protected]
[5]