Updating rubygems and rake for ruby-1.9


#1

Hi,

There have been updates to rubygems and rake recently.

I’m just wondering if it is safe to update my ruby-1.9.1-p129
installation with these updates ?

Thanks for any clarification on this topic.

Chauk-Mean.


#2

On May 25, 2009, at 05:14, Chauk-Mean P. wrote:

There have been updates to rubygems and rake recently.

I’m just wondering if it is safe to update my ruby-1.9.1-p129
installation with these updates ?

Unless the release notes state otherwise, I would assume it is safe.


#3

On May 26, 5:51 pm, Eric H. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

On May 25, 2009, at 05:14, Chauk-Mean P. wrote:

There have been updates to rubygems and rake recently.

I’m just wondering if it is safe to update my ruby-1.9.1-p129
installation with these updates ?

Unless the release notes state otherwise, I would assume it is safe.

I’ve tried to install 1.3.3 over 1.9.1-p129 without success, so I
think better instructions on this subject (RubyGems on top of 1.9.1)
will be awesome.

:smiley:


#4

On May 26, 8:17 pm, Luis L. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I’ve tried to install 1.3.3 over 1.9.1-p129 without success, so I
think better instructions on this subject (RubyGems on top of 1.9.1)
will be awesome.

:smiley:


Luis L.

I am kicking the tires on ruby-1.9.1-p129-i386-mingw32 and I am quite
happy with it. I have also install the devkit.

I have successfully upgrade gem-1.3.1 to the1.3.3 version using the
standard instructions.

gem19 update --system

I have also download gems that require c-extensions, the native
extensions are complle with the devkit.

Currently I have 4 different ruby versions co-existing in Windows XP
SP3.

ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 287) [i386-mswin32]


#5

On May 27, 1:00 am, bbiker removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I’m just wondering if it is safe to update my ruby-1.9.1-p129

Luis L.

I am kicking the tires on ruby-1.9.1-p129-i386-mingw32 and I am quite
happy with it. I have also install the devkit.

That is great to hear!

I have successfully upgrade gem-1.3.1 to the1.3.3 version using the
standard instructions.

gem19 update --system

Weird, I couldn’t do it the last time, maybe now updates?

I have also download gems that require c-extensions, the native
extensions are complle with the devkit.

Yup, there is no workaround that :wink:

Currently I have 4 different ruby versions co-existing in Windows XP
SP3.

ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 287) [i386-mswin32]

Same here, 2 mswin32, 2 mingw32 and 1 Jruby.