Updating MySQL - Instant Rails

Hi,

I would like to upgrade MySQL (V4) that came with Instant Rails to
version 5+. If I do a standard install fom the MySQL site, will this
work or is there another way to handle this?

Thanks,
Roger Bogda

Yes, you can do that. Just be sure to configure Instant Rails not to
start
its own copy of MySQL.

Curt

Thank you, sir…

Roger

Curt H. wrote:

Yes, you can do that. Just be sure to configure Instant Rails not to
start
its own copy of MySQL.

Curt

Roger Bogda wrote:

Thank you, sir…

Roger

Curt H. wrote:

Yes, you can do that. Just be sure to configure Instant Rails not to
start
its own copy of MySQL.

Curt

Can you upgrade the embedded rails MySql from V4 to V5?..I want to use
views!

On 2/21/07, Martyn [email protected] wrote:

its own copy of MySQL.

Curt

Can you upgrade the embedded rails MySql from V4 to V5?..I want to use
views!

There’s a good chance that the next preview release of IR 1.5
(probably out this weekend) will upgrade MySQL to version 5. Jirka
Pech contributed this upgrade and sent it to me a few days ago. I just
need to check everything out and get it packaged up for release.

Curt

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs