Update to activerecord-jdbc-adapter 1.2.7 brought error creating records

Hi,

I’m using jruby 1.7.0 and rails 3.2.9, and I updated my app gem
activerecord-jdbc-adapter from 1.2.2 to 1.2.7.
Now I cannot insert any record into database, having this error:

ActiveRecord::JDBCError: ORA-01008: not all variables bound

I’ve already verified changelog and readme from this gem, and also the
dependent gems used and all seems to be ok.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Sounds like a perfect reason not to bother updating …

…R

Vânia S. wrote in post #1101408:

Hi,

I’m using jruby 1.7.0 and rails 3.2.9, and I updated my app gem
activerecord-jdbc-adapter from 1.2.2 to 1.2.7.
Now I cannot insert any record into database, having this error:

ActiveRecord::JDBCError: ORA-01008: not all variables bound

I’ve already verified changelog and readme from this gem, and also the
dependent gems used and all seems to be ok.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ther gem version I’m using now is 1.2.2 and has a problem with storing
serialized objects to database. That’s why I’m trying to update (in
changelog refers that 1.2.7 solved that problem…).

Thnkx

Robin McKay wrote in post #1101460:

Sounds like a perfect reason not to bother updating …

…R

Vânia S. wrote in post #1101408:

Hi,

I’m using jruby 1.7.0 and rails 3.2.9, and I updated my app gem
activerecord-jdbc-adapter from 1.2.2 to 1.2.7.
Now I cannot insert any record into database, having this error:

ActiveRecord::JDBCError: ORA-01008: not all variables bound

I’ve already verified changelog and readme from this gem, and also the
dependent gems used and all seems to be ok.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Hi!

I’ve also tryed that one! :wink: Didn’t work either!

Thanks

Karol B. wrote in post #1101473:

Hey Vania, could you try 1.2.8 (released today) ?

Also there’s some Oracle related fixes on master (which will end up as
1.3.0) … although this might be a regression with connection.insert
which is fixed on 1.2.8.

K.

Hey, in that case please try pointing the gem against master (there’s
some
more fixes already commited) …

and if it still happens please report (with a piece of code how to
reproduce) and we’re try fixing it :
https://github.com/jruby/activerecord-jdbc-adapter/issues

K.

Hi,

I pointed to master and the error doesn’t occur anymore!
When can I expected a new release from master? Soon?

Thanks!

Hey Vania, could you try 1.2.8 (released today) ?

Also there’s some Oracle related fixes on master (which will end up as
1.3.0) … although this might be a regression with connection.insert
which is fixed on 1.2.8.

K.

That’s just great !

1.3.0.beta1 hopefully next week, there’s still a lot to be done for
1.3.0
“stable” esp. with 4.0 support … we’ll see.

Although the beta should be stable enough … release will be mostly due
a
lot of fixes on master (that can not be backport-ed to 1.2).
But AR compatibility should be the same (except that 1.3.0 will at least
partially support Rails master as well) …

K.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs