Update the USRP2

Hello,

I’ve got another short question.Up til now, I used the 3.2.2 release of
Gnuradio, but now I’ve updates it to the latest git version 3.3.1.
I wanted to check if my already written code still works, but I didn’t
even recognize my USRP2. So my question is, do I have to update my USRP2
firmware and the FPGA image as well? Isn’t it possible to run my
application without updating the USRP?
If so, do I have the possibility to choose between the new UHD and the
common USRP firmware and FPGA image?

I had a look on the binaries offered on:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/public/wiki/U2binaries

Due to this page, I thougt it is possible to choose. On the host side I
have already installed the next git branch, as well as the uhd git from
ettus. So what would you suggest? Go on working with the common USRP2
staff or change to UHD right now?
My final ambition is to implement some MIMO staff.

Thanks for your help

Tobias

GRATIS für alle WEB.DE Nutzer: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!

Hello again,

that was my mistake. My network devices have been installed with
different names by the System. The network card I connected my USRP2 to,
was names eth1. So I had to change the default settings of the gr_usrp2
block. So my code workes fine.
But the other question remains:
Would it be better to continue my work using the uhd or not?

Tobias

Am 27.07.2010 08:10, schrieb Tobias S.:

Hello,

it’s me for the third time.
I decided to try working with the uhd. I followed the instructions on

http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp2.html ,

but when the usrp2_card_burner(_gui).py finished it’s work, I get the
following messages:

[email protected]:~/gnuradio/uhd/host/utils> sudo ./usrp2_card_burner.py
–dev=/dev/sdd
–fpga=/home/gnuradio/USRP2_Images/USRP2/FPGA/u2_rev3-20100603.bin
root’s password:
Burn fpga image:
1684+1 Datensätze ein
1684+1 Datensätze aus
862584 Bytes (863 kB) kopiert, 4,09834 s, 210 kB/s

Verification Failed:
2048+0 Datensätze ein
2048+0 Datensätze aus
1048576 Bytes (1,0 MB) kopiert, 1,33575 s, 785 kB/s

[email protected]:~/gnuradio/uhd/host/utils> sudo ./usrp2_card_burner.py
–dev=/dev/sdd
–fw=/home/gnuradio/USRP2_Images/USRP2/Firmware/txrx_xcvr_raw_eth_20100608.bin
Burn firmware image:
47+1 Datensätze ein
47+1 Datensätze aus
24208 Bytes (24 kB) kopiert, 0,147917 s, 164 kB/s

Verification Failed:
2048+0 Datensätze ein
2048+0 Datensätze aus
1048576 Bytes (1,0 MB) kopiert, 1,43747 s, 729 kB/s

And if I insert the card into the USRP2, not even a LED is switched on.
I searched through the list for a long time, but I didn’t find anything
helping me.

So I would be very thankful getting an answer.

Tobias