Undefined method `paginate'

How come I get this error? I have the same setup on my local dev machine
as the server where I get the error, using the will_paginate gem and
require in env.

The server uses the same version 2.2.2. And the same rails version and
everything.

How is your server configured? Mongrel, passenger? Have you vendored
your gems?

Cheers,
Nicholas

On Jul 14, 5:04 pm, Pål Bergström [email protected]

It’s a common issue depending on how your setup exists. If you are
having a lot of difficulty with it, you can install the plugin instead
which will fix the error you are having usually 95% of the time.

Älphä Blüë wrote:

It’s a common issue depending on how your setup exists. If you are
having a lot of difficulty with it, you can install the plugin instead
which will fix the error you are having usually 95% of the time.

I solved it. I just needed to create a local gem and then install
will_paginate. It was on the server, I think, but didn’t work. Or maybe
it wasn’t. Anyway, when I do “gem list” I get a long, long list of gems,
and one of them is “will_paginate”.

BTW, if your gem is just plain will_paginate, it is VERY old. Unless
I’m mistaken, development has moved to GitHub, and the preferred gem
is now mislav-will_paginate.

–Matt J.

On Jul 15, 2:47 am, Pål Bergström [email protected]

Matt J. wrote:

BTW, if your gem is just plain will_paginate, it is VERY old. Unless
I’m mistaken, development has moved to GitHub, and the preferred gem
is now mislav-will_paginate.

–Matt J.

On Jul 15, 2:47�am, P�l Bergstr�m [email protected]

I tried that and it didn’t work. “could not find gem
mislav-will_paginate locally or in a repository”

post the message error please, for analyse.

case the problem is to require your gem will_paginate, do you need
require
this will_paginate in the archive enviroment.rb,
ex: require ‘will_paginate’

Att.

Paulo S.

2009/7/14 PÃ¥l Bergström [email protected]


Paulo Roberto
Webdesigner
Fortaleza - CE

Paulo S. wrote:

post the message error please, for analyse.

case the problem is to require your gem will_paginate, do you need
require
this will_paginate in the archive enviroment.rb,
ex: require ‘will_paginate’

I have require ‘will_paginate’

I also had to uninstall the previous ‘will_paginate’ gem. Now it works.

Matt J. wrote:

BTW, if your gem is just plain will_paginate, it is VERY old. Unless
I’m mistaken, development has moved to GitHub, and the preferred gem
is now mislav-will_paginate.

–Matt J.

On Jul 15, 2:47�am, P�l Bergstr�m [email protected]

It worked with “sudo gem install mislav-will_paginate -s
http://gems.github.com

Now I got mislav-will_paginate in my gem list. Do I need to make any
changes in my code?

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs