Undefined method `exists?'

Anyone ever run into this error message when creating a new FieldInfos?
Ferret::Index::FieldInfos.new(:store=>:no)
NoMethodError: undefined method `exists?’ for {:store=>:no}:Hash

Hi there!

I’d like to suggest setting up a separate mailing list for the
ActsAsFerret plugin since the majority of posts are AAF-related. This
results in a pretty low signal-to-noise ratio for folks not
interested in ActsAsFerret. I really prefer low-traffic lists with a
clear focus. One can still subscribe to both lists and cross-post if
appropriate.

Cheers,
Andy

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 05:02:59AM +0100, Daniel R. wrote:

Anyone ever run into this error message when creating a new FieldInfos?
Ferret::Index::FieldInfos.new(:store=>:no)
NoMethodError: undefined method `exists?’ for {:store=>:no}:Hash

no, what version of Ferret are you using ?

here’s how this looks on my system:

irb(main):001:0> require ‘ferret’
=> false
irb(main):002:0> Ferret::Index::FieldInfos.new(:store=>:no)
=> default:
store: :no
index: :untokenized
term_vector: :with_positions_offsets
fields:

irb(main):003:0> Ferret::VERSION
=> “0.10.13”

Jens


webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH www.webit.de
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Krämer [email protected]
Schnorrstraße 76 Tel +49 351 46766 0
D-01069 Dresden Fax +49 351 46766 66

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 05:44:00PM +0100, Andreas K. wrote:

Hi there!

I’d like to suggest setting up a separate mailing list for the
ActsAsFerret plugin since the majority of posts are AAF-related. This
results in a pretty low signal-to-noise ratio for folks not
interested in ActsAsFerret. I really prefer low-traffic lists with a
clear focus. One can still subscribe to both lists and cross-post if
appropriate.

I’m no big fan of forking the list, since often it’s hard to decide for
people if something is an aaf issue or a ferret one. I rather don’t want
to send people from one list to another all the time, just to keep
messages on topic.

In the end everybody would end up cross-posting and I’d get every mail
twice…

What about tagging messages in the subject, like [AAF] for aaf-related
messages? So everybody not interested in aaf could skip those messages
or filter them away.

However, if there’s a strong demand for a separate aaf mailing list, I
could set up one, of course.

cheers,
Jens


webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH www.webit.de
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Krämer [email protected]
Schnorrstraße 76 Tel +49 351 46766 0
D-01069 Dresden Fax +49 351 46766 66

On 21.11.2006, at 18:57, Jens K. wrote:

want
to send people from one list to another all the time, just to keep
messages on topic.

In the end everybody would end up cross-posting and I’d get every mail
twice…

As a general rule, people using AAF should post to the AAF list. If
it turns out to be a Ferret issue, this can be posted to Ferret-talk.
I think these cases are quite rare.

What about tagging messages in the subject, like [AAF] for aaf-related
messages? So everybody not interested in aaf could skip those messages
or filter them away.

That would be fine for me. But since this relies on posting
discipline, I doubt it will work.

However, if there’s a strong demand for a separate aaf mailing list, I
could set up one, of course.

I think a single request is not considered a “strong demand” :wink:

I don’t want to part a community, it’s just that the AAF-related
traffic on this list seems overwhelming.

If anyone feels the same way, feel free to support my request by
posting a short note.

Thanks,
Andy

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs