Undefined method error despite the fact it doesn't exist

Hey all,

I’m getting a strange, unexplainable error. It returns undefined method
`render_index_row_action_pprove’. I performed a search on my entire
application and no such method exists. There is a
render_index_row_action_approve but not a
render_index_row_action_pprove.

NoMethodError in Student_requests#index

Showing app/views/resources/index.html.haml where line #20 raised:

undefined method `render_index_row_action_pprove’ for
#ActionView::Base:0x105b3a780

Extracted source (around line #20):

17: = render_index_row_index index
18: - resources_index_row(rsrc).each do |row|
19: = row
20: = render_index_row_actions(rsrc,
resources_index_row_actions(rsrc), options)
21: - options[:with_limit_selector] = false
22: = render_index_bottom_pagination_bar options

Is this a rails glitch, perhaps it is reading the method name wrong? Is
there anyway to fix this?
Thanks for any response.

Hi John,
I would check your source code in app/views/resources/index.html.haml
(or a view helper for that view) for a typo since it’s looking for a
method named something similar to what you have (e.g change
“render_index_row_action_pprove” to “render_index_row_action_approve”)

HTH

On 18 March 2010 23:43, John M. [email protected] wrote:

NoMethodError in Student_requests#index
19: = row
20: = render_index_row_actions(rsrc,
resources_index_row_actions(rsrc), options)
21: - options[:with_limit_selector] = false
22: = render_index_bottom_pagination_bar options

What does the trace show?

Colin

Billee D. wrote:

Hi John,
I would check your source code in app/views/resources/index.html.haml
(or a view helper for that view) for a typo since it’s looking for a
method named something similar to what you have (e.g change
“render_index_row_action_pprove” to “render_index_row_action_approve”)

HTH

I run the command find . -print | awk ‘{print “”"$0"""}’ | grep -v
.svn | xargs grep -i “render_index_row_action_pprove”

and this is what I get:

trunk/log/development.log:ActionView::TemplateError (undefined method
`render_index_row_action_pprove’ for #ActionView::Base:0x10c5ca938) on
line #20 of app/views/resources/index.html.haml:

So the only place the method appears is in the development log. When
someone else downloaded a local copy from the repository, they got no
such error. So either a modification needs to be made in the development
log or there’s nothing else it appears I can do. Thanks for the
response.

On 19 March 2010 14:43, John M. [email protected] wrote:

someone else downloaded a local copy from the repository, they got no
such error. So either a modification needs to be made in the development
log or there’s nothing else it appears I can do. Thanks for the

Usually when I get an error shown in a haml file then somewhere (in
log or server window maybe) there will be a full trace which may
identify a line in a helper causing the problem. I wonder if it some
unprintable character is causing the problem so your search does not
find it.

I presume you have checked that you have no locally modified files.
Also check that you have not got any extra files (backup files for
example) in views/resources or helper folders. Rails has been known
to pick up backup files instead of the correct file.

What happens if you check out a new local copy from the repository?

Colin

John M. wrote:

and this is what I get:

trunk/log/development.log:ActionView::TemplateError (undefined method
`render_index_row_action_pprove’ for #ActionView::Base:0x10c5ca938) on
line #20 of app/views/resources/index.html.haml:

So, what’s on line #20 of app/views/resources/index.html.haml ?

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs