Unable to find out proper document to integrating Salesforce with Rails

Hi,
I want to use salesforce with my rails3 project. I tried
http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_Toolkit_for_Ruby
documentation. But i am getting so many errors. It is urgent for me

Please reply me if any body knows about this.

Thanks in advance…

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:41 AM, sreehari [email protected]
wrote:

Sorry, there is no Rails 3 for SalesForce yet. It even says so in the
link
you provided. “This article assumes Rails 2.3 development as it was the
most
current during the toolkits development. Rails 3 offers new data
functionality and integration into REST APIs and will be covered in a
future
article.”

You have two options:

1.) Use Rails 2.3.* and wait for an official Rails 3 toolkit to be
launched
by SalesForce.
2.) Fix the errors you are getting yourself to make the Rails 2.3.*
SalesForce toolkit work on Rails 3.

Good luck.

B.

Thank you so much for your reply. Now I’ll try with rails2.3.8

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 8:30 AM, sreehari [email protected]
wrote:

adapter` (no such file to load – rforce) (RuntimeError)

You need to install the activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter gem.

B.

Hi
I treid using rails 2.3.8 and ruby 1.9.

Rails console is opening correctly but when i trid to run my project
it is giving following error.

C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/
active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:
76:in rescue in rescue in establish_connection': Please install the activesalesforce adapter:gem install activerecord-activesalesforce-
adapter(no such file to load -- rforce) (RuntimeError) from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/ lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/ connection_specification.rb:73:inrescue in establish_connection’
from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/
lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/
connection_specification.rb:68:in establish_connection' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/ lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/ connection_specification.rb:60:inestablish_connection’
from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/asf-soap-
adapter-1.3.1/lib/salesforce/sf_base.rb:61:in <class:SfBase>' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/asf-soap- adapter-1.3.1/lib/salesforce/sf_base.rb:30:inmodule:Salesforce
adapter-1.3.1/lib/salesforce/sf_base.rb:21:in <top (required)>' from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:inrequire’
from internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require:29:in require' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/ lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:156:inblock in require’
from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/
lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:521:in new_constants_in' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/ lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:156:inrequire’
adapter-1.3.1/lib/asf-soap-adapter.rb:4:in <top (required)>' from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:inrequire’
from internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require:29:in require' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/ lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:156:inblock in require’
lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:521:in new_constants_in' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/ lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:156:inrequire’
from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/rails/
gem_dependency.rb:215:in load' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/ initializer.rb:307:inblock in load_gems’
from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/
initializer.rb:307:in each' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/ initializer.rb:307:inload_gems’
initializer.rb:169:in process' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/ initializer.rb:113:inrun’
from C:/Documents and Settings/Parakh Technologies/sparrow
console/salesforceone/config/environment.rb:9:in <top (required)>' from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:inrequire’
commands/server.rb:84:in <top (required)>' from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:inrequire’
from internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require:29:in require' from script/server:3:in

Please reply me if u know anything about this.
Thank you

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I installed  activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter gem but, it is 

giving
same error. It is working fine with rails console. But when i am trying
to
run, it is giving problem

Thank you

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Bryan C.
[email protected]wrote:

active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:

connection_specification.rb:68:in establish_connection' from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:inrequire’
initializer.rb:307:in `each’

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_the_For.
most
2.) Fix the errors you are getting yourself to make the Rails 2.3.*
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Thanks & regards,

Sreehari
    [email protected]

Read this https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/developer-relations/2011/03/rails-3-and-the-forcecom-rest-api-made-easy-with-omniauth-and-httparty.html
I woud suggest you to go with this Blog challenges undertaking during salesforce data integration

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs