UHD problem

Hello Josh and List,

I am trying to upgrade from VRT to UHD. At the moment it seems that UHD
is only transmitting every other frame I send using “dev->send”. Each
frame is transmitted with it’s own timestamp.

Any help is appreciated.

BR/
Per

If the frames are contiguous and each packet as EOB marked, then every
other packet will be a late packet and discarded. A solution is to gain
the capability for the timestamps to be honored in this case with future
FPGA modifications. May they come soon.

If there is no EOB on the previous packet, then the timestamp on the
next is ignored and samples are send contiguously. However, if you
suffer an underrun, the contiguity is lost. This is where reporting of
underuns and errors of the such to the host would be useful. This is a
task for me in the near future.

I currently dont recommend the mimo sink block as of yet because of one
of the two issues above. I hope that explains what you are seeing. And I
hope to resolve this capability soon. -Josh

I found the problem. It was in my code — of course.

BR/
Per

I am trying to upgrade from VRT to UHD. At the moment it seems that UHD
is only transmitting every other frame I send using “dev->send”. Each
frame is transmitted with it’s own timestamp.

Any help is appreciated.

BR/
Per

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list