Typo and Rails 1.2.1

Hello ~

What is the status of Typo and Rails 1.2.1?

Thx,

I don’t know… I just switched my blog from Typo to Mephisto…

It’s also a beast, but it’s more stable for me.

I would imagine, knowing how the Typo team works, that Typo trunk
would be working on Rails Edge… and any previous tags/releases
would be stable on 1.1.6 IIRC.

Jake

I have been considering the Mephisto move too. I actually have it up
and
running with some of my content migrated. The script mephisto provided
for
migration didn’t migrate any of my Pages. How did your migration go?

Thx,

Ben

Hopefully you don’t have any memory constraints where you are running
Mephisto, because its memory footprint makes Typo’s look like an
embedded
app…

Well… there were a few things I had to change…

  1. the Flickr plugin API key was bad, so I used my own…
  2. I used Markdown with Smartypants on Typo… so I had to hard code
    the conversion script to use smartypants_filter as the value for the
    filter for all incoming articles, it was incorrectly converting from
    Typo.
  3. I added a few rewrite routes in the configuration of Mephisto and
    changed a few variables in the settings (admin site) so that the URLs
    were exactly the same.
  4. I also had to ensure that EVERY one of my typo users had an email
    address specified… otherwise it wouldn’t work.
  5. It also breaks if any of your flickr images (using typo:flickr)
    are not there anymore… so I had to change one of my entries
    manually…

I wrote up about the routes on my blog:
http://www.thoughtstoblog.com/articles/2007/1/13/from-typo-to-mephisto

A few routes I talk about in the article can be configured using path
prefixes in settings…

I also took the opportunity to bring my feed to feedburner as well,
did some hard redirects so that blog aggregators updated properly…

Jake

And also… for the conversion, if you’re using Markdown with
Smartypants from Typo

and you have syntax like this:

this is my link

Where you have a quoted phrase for the link title, you’ll have to
switch the smartypants filter to do the

BlueCloth first and the RubyPants second, instead of the other way
around… What happens if they are reversed (how they are in svn) is
that the “My Website” get’s parsed through RubyPants and never get’s
picked up from BlueCloth and ends up not creating the link due to
invalid syntax.

I offered Rick O. (of Mephisto) a patch for the change, but he has
some tests that break it… and i have some tests (valid syntax)
that breaks the opposite. Stuck between Scilla and Charybdis.

/vendor/plugins/filtered_columns/lib/filtered_column/filters/
smartypants_filter.rb

Jake

On Jan 26, 2007, at 12:48 PM, mathew wrote:

On 1/26/07, Steve L. [email protected] wrote:

Hopefully you don’t have any memory constraints where you are running
Mephisto, because its memory footprint makes Typo’s look like an
embedded
app…

Thanks for saving me an afternoon.

I switched from Wordpress to Mephisto, discovered it dying like a bad
diva, and switched to Typo. Still occasionally run into constraints,
but not so bad.


_Deirdre http://deirdre.net


Typo-list mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list

On 1/26/07, Steve L. [email protected] wrote:

Hopefully you don’t have any memory constraints where you are running
Mephisto, because its memory footprint makes Typo’s look like an embedded
app…

Thanks for saving me an afternoon.

mathew

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs