turn version 0.4.0
by Tim P.
TURN is a new way to view Test::Unit results. With longer running tests,
can be very frustrating to see a failure (…F…) and then have to
all the tests finish before you can see what the exact failure was. TURN
displays each test on a separate line with failures being displayed
immediately instead of at the end of the tests.
== WHAT’S NEW:
While Turn still provides the exact same functionality for running
tests via ruby or testrb as previous versions. The turn commandline
utility has been completely rewritten with expanded capabilites.
The turn command now features three run modes:
- Solo runner for running each test file in a separate process.
- Cross runner for running test file pairs in separate processes.
- Normal runner, which of course runs all test in a single process.
It also support three report modes:
- Progress reporter which uses a progress bar.
- Minimal reporter which provides traditional “dot” progress.
- Outline reporter populaized by turn.
The is also a special Marshal Mode which dumps test results as YAML.
And the underlying API makes it easy create new reporters.
To get a quick rundown on how to use the new commandline:
- add solo and cross runners
- move Colorize into separate file
- use ::ANSICode instead of ::Console::ANSICode