Trunk bump version number

Hello all.
Noticed after building jruby from github today this:

G:\dev_d\ruby\downloads\jruby\bin>jruby -v
jruby 1.6.1 (ruby-1.8.7-p330) (2011-05-19 18a2624) (Java HotSpot™
Client VM 1.6.0_24) [Windows 7-x86-java]

shouldn’t it be
jruby 1.6.1dev or something?

Cheers!
-rp

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 07:20, Roger P. [email protected] wrote:

Noticed after building jruby from github today this:

G:\dev_d\ruby\downloads\jruby\bin>jruby -v
jruby 1.6.1 (ruby-1.8.7-p330) (2011-05-19 18a2624) (Java HotSpot™
Client VM 1.6.0_24) [Windows 7-x86-java]

shouldn’t it be
jruby 1.6.1dev or something?

Sure. master should be ‘1.7.0.dev’ and jruby-1_6 should be ‘1.6.2.dev’.

Roger, I see some ticket you posted today (Thanks!) And I think it
would be good for you to stay in jruby-1_6 for a while. We’re in a
little storm of JDK7’s release cycle. :slight_smile: It should not be too long.

Do you have particular problem on jruby-1_6?

Regards,
// NaHi

Hi,

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:01, Hiroshi N. [email protected]
wrote:

Roger, I see some ticket you posted today (Thanks!) And I think it
would be good for you to stay in jruby-1_6 for a while. We’re in a
little storm of JDK7’s release cycle. :slight_smile: It should not be too long.

I’m sorry, not related to JDK7 thing. It’s simply my fault.
I’ve just fixed at master branch. Would you please check it fixes the
problem?

Regards,
// NaHi

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Hiroshi N. [email protected]
wrote:

Sure. master should be ‘1.7.0.dev’ and jruby-1_6 should be ‘1.6.2.dev’.

Fixed the versions. Thanks for pointing it out, folks! :slight_smile:

  • Charlie

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs