Trouble Sending Emails

Hello,

I run a script nightly which used to send e-mails when it successfully
completed, but it no longer does. I’m not sure which configurations I
need to check as I haven’t used net/smtp much (I inherited this script).
Any ideas?

irb(main):001:0> require ‘net/smtp’
=> true
irb(main):002:0> supplierid = 8
=> 8
irb(main):003:0> body = “Subject: Product Import succeeded for
supplier #{supplierid} at #{Time.now.to_s}\r\n\r\n”
=> “Subject: Product Import succeeded for supplier 8 at Wed Sep 05
09:25:26 -0600 2007\r\n\r\n”
irb(main):004:0> Net::SMTP.start(mail_server, 25, helo_domain,
username, password, :login) do |smtp|
irb(main):005:1* smtp.send_message(body, from_address,
to_address)
irb(main):006:1> end
=> “250 Ok: queued as 20F73116D1AA\n”

…but the mail never arrives. Thanks for any assistance!

Matt

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

From: Matt W. [mailto:[email protected]]

irb(main):003:0> body = "Subject: Product Import

succeeded for supplier #{supplierid} at #{Time.now.to_s}\r\n\r\n"

=> "Subject: Product Import succeeded for supplier 8 at Wed

Sep 05 09:25:26 -0600 2007\r\n\r\n"

irb(main):004:0> Net::SMTP.start(mail_server, 25,

helo_domain, username, password, :login) do |smtp|

irb(main):005:1* smtp.send_message(body,

from_address, to_address)

irb(main):006:1> end

=> “250 Ok: queued as 20F73116D1AA\n”

at this point
a. the server mail_server received your email (w ack 250 Ok)
b. and further replied that it queued your mail w queueid 20F73116D1AA
(surely that reply and the queueid did not come fr ruby, right?)

ergo your ruby script is fine.