Translating Radiant

Hi all,

I need to translate the admin page into French for one of my client…
In that regard, I would be very happy to contribute… In your
opinion, what is the best place to start. Do you recommend something
as complete as Globalize Rails? Or a more simple solution…

Thanks.

Frederic B. wrote:

I need to translate the admin page into French for one of my client…
In that regard, I would be very happy to contribute… In your
opinion, what is the best place to start. Do you recommend something
as complete as Globalize Rails? Or a more simple solution…

I don’t have any recommendations on translation. I don’t plan to
officially support that until after we hit 1.0. Changing the views
directly and diffing may be your best option.

John L.
http://wiseheartdesign.com

I need to translate the admin page into French for one of my client…
In that regard, I would be very happy to contribute… In your
opinion, what is the best place to start. Do you recommend something
as complete as Globalize Rails? Or a more simple solution…

I don’t have any recommendations on translation. I don’t plan to
officially support that until after we hit 1.0. Changing the views
directly and diffing may be your best option.

Ok then, I’ll see what can I do.

I really like the plugin gloc for globalization, for me its the easiest to
use. You basically have properties files that you define all your localized
strings. Its located at
http://rubyforge.org/projects/gloc/

Just my two cents.

Interesting. Thanks for the link, I was looking for something that
simple.

I really like the plugin gloc for globalization, for me its the easiest
to use. You basically have properties files that you define all your
localized strings. Its located at http://rubyforge.org/projects/gloc/

Just my two cents.

What’s an Intel chip doing in a Mac? A whole lor more that it’s ever
done in a PC.

My Digital Life - http://scottwalter.com/blog
Pro:Blog - http://scottwalter.com/problog
Snippets - http://snippets.scottwalter.com

I need to translate the admin page into French for one of my client…
In that regard, I would be very happy to contribute… In your
opinion, what is the best place to start. Do you recommend something
as complete as Globalize Rails? Or a more simple solution…

I don’t have any recommendations on translation. I don’t plan to
officially support that until after we hit 1.0. Changing the views
directly and diffing may be your best option.

Ok then, I’ll see what can I do.

On 7/19/06, Oliver B. [email protected] wrote:

On 18-Jul-2006 05:27 -0700, Scott W. was heard to say:

I really like the plugin gloc for globalization, for me its the easiest to use. You basically have properties files that you define all your localized strings. Its located at http://rubyforge.org/projects/gloc/

If at all possible, I think something that uses gettext as its
backend should be used, since there are a whole lot of tools out there that
make editing PO files very easy and also there are many translators who are
already familiar with gettext.

I believe Globalize actually uses gettext, but I am uncertain.

Actually very few plugins are based on gettext, check the comparison
sheet below:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/InternationalizationComparison

GLoc doesn’t rely on a database to make translation and I find it easy
to setup. But translating the content of the database is not yet
supported (whereas Globalize does it).

On 18-Jul-2006 05:27 -0700, Scott W. was heard to say:

I really like the plugin gloc for globalization, for me its the easiest to use. You basically have properties files that you define all your localized strings. Its located at http://rubyforge.org/projects/gloc/

If at all possible, I think something that uses gettext as its
backend should be used, since there are a whole lot of tools out there
that
make editing PO files very easy and also there are many translators who
are
already familiar with gettext.

I believe Globalize actually uses gettext, but I am uncertain.

Oliver