Tkroot options

What are the complete list of tkroot options (title, minsize. resizable
etc). How do I set the background/foreground color of the root window?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Joe C. [email protected]
wrote:

What are the complete list of tkroot options (title, minsize. resizable
etc). How do I set the background/foreground color of the root window?

Thanks in advance,

consider using pry to inspect the methods available on tkroot.

Andrew McElroy
tryruby.org

I know these options…
root=TkRoot.new {
title “StocksQuote”;
minsize(200,250);
maxsize(200,250);
geometry(‘200x250’);
resizable(0,0)}
#root.withdraw

Are there others, namely to set the color of the root window?

Joe

Look also at roow.withdraw which is comment out here. there must be
other options also, i.e. configure as one example

Joe

From: Joe C. [email protected]
Subject: tkroot options
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 08:50:55 +0900

What are the complete list of tkroot options (title, minsize. resizable
etc). How do I set the background/foreground color of the root window?

See the keys of the result of “Tk.root.current_configinfo”.
Some of the options are Tcl/Tk’s wm subcommands (which is the methods
of Tk::Wm module). There is a trick to treat such methods as options
of toplevel widgets. If you are interested in it, please check how to
use “__methodcall_optkeys” method on the sources of Ruby/Tk.