Tk problem

Hi, I get the following message when trying to use Tk
“This application has failed to start because tk84.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”

I am using Ruby 1.8.4.

Has anyone else come across this? I thought Tk was included in ruby.

Or am I missing something?

Chris.

Chris F. schrieb:

Chris.

Youre missing par example activetcl from activestate if you are using
windows.

Youre missing par example activetcl from activestate if you are using
windows.

Sorry for double posting.
In Ruby are only the bindings to tcl. You need a tcl distribution wich
you can get her for example:

Choose here ActiveTCL (its free)

I have got Tk working - but now want to use Tile to give native look and
feel.
I have used the following code:
Tk::Tile.Import_Tile_Widgets

but get in reply:

uninitialized constant Tk::Tile
from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1869:in `const_missing’

Tile appears in:
C:\InstantRails\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\tkextlib

How do I make it work?

Chris

From: Chris F. [email protected]
Subject: Re: Tk problem
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:20:35 +0900

I have got Tk working - but now want to use Tile to give native look and
feel.
I have used the following code:
Tk::Tile.Import_Tile_Widgets

but get in reply:

uninitialized constant Tk::Tile
from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1869:in `const_missing’

Did you call “require ‘tkextlib/tile’”?
If so, did you install Tile extension for your Tcl/Tk?

ActiveTcl binary package includes Tile extension.

Tile appears in:
C:\InstantRails\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\tkextlib

That is a wrapper library for Tile extension.
It requires Tcl/Tk’s Tile libraries.