Time taken by page to load

Champs,

Is there any way to find out that how much time a page had taken to load
itself ? Googled for it but no luck… :’(

You can check your rails logs. There you will find out how long time
your request took in db, rendering views and the total time.

/K

2010/1/25 Hemant B. [email protected]:

On 25 Jan 2010, at 15:31, Hemant B. wrote:

Is there any way to find out that how much time a page had taken to
load
itself ? Googled for it but no luck… :’(

You can find that information in the production log and you can parse
it using rawk
(http://ckhsponge.wordpress.com/2006/10/11/ruby-on-rails-log-analyzer-rawk/
). There’s no reason whatsoever to show the end user how long it takes
for a page to render.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

You can use a Rack Middleware. This screencast show you how to do it:
http://railscasts.com/episodes/151-rack-middleware

Best regards


    Agustin Viñao

www.agustinvinao.com.ar
agustinvinao (Skype)

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Peter De Berdt

Thanks for your quickies…:slight_smile:

Actually i want to write all of the information of a user into the log
files. I mean what he do, where he do, time taken by page to load etc
etc… So can you guys tell me the way to do it…I do not have idea about
it…

Agustin Viñao wrote:

You can use a Rack Middleware. This screencast show you how to do it:
http://railscasts.com/episodes/151-rack-middleware

Best regards


    Agustin Viñao

www.agustinvinao.com.ar
agustinvinao (Skype)

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Peter De Berdt

Hemant B. wrote:

Thanks for your quickies…:slight_smile:

Actually i want to write all of the information of a user into the log
files. I mean what he do, where he do, time taken by page to load etc
etc…

Rails already does this. There’s nothing further you need to do.

So can you guys tell me the way to do it…I do not have idea about
it…

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
[email protected]

On Jan 27, 6:23 am, Hemant B. [email protected] wrote:

But how can i do it? Where does rails do it? I want to write a summary
like user with session id is accessing page ABC, have taken abc time…
etc etc. in a sinle line of log files …

By default log files go into your app’s log folder

Fred

But how can i do it? Where does rails do it? I want to write a summary
like user with session id is accessing page ABC, have taken abc time…
etc etc. in a sinle line of log files …

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Hemant B. wrote:

Thanks for your quickies…:slight_smile:

Actually i want to write all of the information of a user into the log
files. I mean what he do, where he do, time taken by page to load etc
etc…

Rails already does this. There’s nothing further you need to do.

So can you guys tell me the way to do it…I do not have idea about
it…

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
[email protected]

Thanks guyz… Resolved it …
Actually rails already provide this thing… I mean using “debug params”,
you can find out that what parameters coming… And the based upon those
parameters you can find out whatever you want… Say like you want the
action name then type just params[:action] and you’ll get action name of
the page… Same with any others…

Cheers …

Frederick C. wrote:

On Jan 27, 6:23�am, Hemant B. [email protected] wrote:

But how can i do it? Where does rails do it? I want to write a summary
like user with session id is accessing page ABC, have taken abc time…
etc etc. in a sinle line of log files …

By default log files go into your app’s log folder

Fred

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs