Thin version 0.8.0 (codename Dodgy Dentist) is out!
== What’s new?
2 important bugfixes, please update if you’re running in production.
Also notice the -r option was renamed to -R.
Builtin support for Merb, Halcyon, Rails and Ramaze, just run ‘thin
start’ in your app dir and Thin will guess which adapter to use!
New experimental threaded mode!
- [bug] Fix server crash when header too large.
- [bug] Serve static file only on GET and HEAD requests in Rails
adapter, fixes #58
- Add --require (-r) option to require a library, before executing
- Rename --rackup short option to -R, warn and load as rackup when
file ends with .ru.
- List supported adapters in command usage.
- Add file adapter to built-in adapter, serve static files in current
- Allow disabling signal handling in Server with :signals => false
- Make Server.new arguments more flexible, can now specify any of
host, port, app or hash options.
- Add --backend option to specified which backend to use, closes #55
- Add threaded option to run server in threaded mode, calling the
application in a
thread allowing for concurrency in the Rack adapter, closes #46
- Guess which adapter to use from directory (chdir option)
or use specified one in ‘adapter’ option, re #47.
== Get it!
Install Thin from RubyForge:
gem install thin
Or using my mirror:
gem install thin --source http://code.macournoyer.com
To use Thin with UNIX domain sockets you need EventMachine 0.11.0 from
my gem server:
gem install eventmachine --source http://code.macournoyer.com
IRC: #thin on freenode
Thanks to all the people who contributed to Thin, EventMachine, Rack