Version 0.5.3 (codename Purple Yogurt) of the fastest Ruby server is
Thin is a Ruby web server that glues together 3 of the best Ruby
libraries in web history:
- the Mongrel parser: the root of Mongrel speed and security
- Event Machine: a network I/O library with extremely high
scalability, performance and stability
- Rack: a minimal interface between webservers and Ruby frameworks
Which makes it, with all humility, the most secure, stable, fast and
extensible Ruby web server
bundled in an easy to use gem for your own pleasure.
== What’s new?
Welcome 2 new members to the Thin team (previously composed of me and
Small release for *nix users, but big one of windows users!
- win32 pre-compiled gem now available (send all your love to Kevin
for this one)
- Add prefix option to thin script to mount app under a given path.
If you’re still not sure about trying Thin, here are a couple of
== Get it!
sudo gem install thin
Might take some time for the gem mirrors to be updated, try adding
–source http://code.macournoyer.com to the command if it doesn’t work
If you installed a previous alpha version (if you have 0.5.3 already
uninstall it before: sudo gem uninstall thin
Thin is still alpha software, if you use it on your server you
risks that are involved.
If you’re using Thin, let me know and I’ll put your site on
Thin is driven by an active community of passionate coders and
benchmarkers. Please join us, contribute
or share some ideas in Thin Google Group:
Also on IRC: #thin on freenode
Thanks to all the people who contributed to Thin, EventMachine, Rack