The price of a modern list architecture?

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.lang.forth/browse_thread/thread/ef39e59023a8ae4c/9eb9f6b99139a5df#9eb9f6b99139a5df

Simple really, if Lisp’s (X , Y) construct should have limits placed
on assignment of Y for translation lookaside buffer vitual memory
mapping thrashing and for easier garbage collection (provable), then
are there any structures in Ruby that may be better adapted such that
kernal poijnters may be used for faster code, and possibly extra
memory bandwidth for no garbage collector gc stalls and faster code?

I wish to call this a constrafucation.

Cheers Jacko

On 19 Jul 2010, at 00:15, Jacko wrote:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.lang.forth/browse_thread/thread/ef39e59023a8ae4c/9eb9f6b99139a5df#9eb9f6b99139a5df

I remember now why I stopped reading CLF…

Simple really, if Lisp’s (X , Y) construct should have limits placed
on assignment of Y for translation lookaside buffer vitual memory
mapping thrashing and for easier garbage collection (provable), then
are there any structures in Ruby that may be better adapted such that
kernal poijnters may be used for faster code, and possibly extra
memory bandwidth for no garbage collector gc stalls and faster code?

There could well be places in a Ruby runtime where such an approach
would be possible although that may not be true for any of the current
implementations.

Do you have a link through to the original articles/sites describing
this modification to Lisp along with some code examples?

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://feyeleanor.tel

raise ArgumentError unless @reality.responds_to? :reason

On 19 July, 12:22, Eleanor McHugh [email protected]
wrote:

kernal poijnters may be used for faster code, and possibly extra


raise ArgumentError unless @reality.responds_to? :reason

Not yet, currently getting feedback on a multitude of languages to see
what ‘structures’ would need to be converted. As yet the structures
have not been converted as it is a research initiative on if a new
language would have to be created, an existant language could be
adapted, or all or many languages could be fed through code
translators.

There’s a section started on http://sites.google.com/site/jackokring
and a you may see other things are happening too. Any feedback would
be fine.

On 19 Jul 2010, at 13:20, Jacko wrote:

Not yet, currently getting feedback on a multitude of languages to see
what ‘structures’ would need to be converted. As yet the structures
have not been converted as it is a research initiative on if a new
language would have to be created, an existant language could be
adapted, or all or many languages could be fed through code
translators.

Well if you need a testbed at some point let me know, I have a virtual
machine library in development as part of my effort to port Ruby to Go
and would be happy to try your ideas out.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://feyeleanor.tel

raise ArgumentError unless @reality.responds_to? :reason

On 19 Jul 2010, at 17:35, Jacko wrote:

There’s a section started on http://sites.google.com/site/jackokring
and a you may see other things are happening too. Any feedback would
be fine.

Thanks :slight_smile:

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://feyeleanor.tel

raise ArgumentError unless @reality.responds_to? :reason

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs