The deadly 500

Hey guys,

I am very new to typo, let alone rails. But I just set up a Typo Blog
yesterday.
Everything was running smoothly until I started to get random 500 errors
when I clicked on a single post. It would ultimately print out
“Application
error (Rails)”.
Now every time I access my web site ( http://evilmac.org ) It gives me
the
same error. I had this problem this morning, so I uninstalled the blog
and
reinstalled it. Worked fine for an hour, the did the same thing.
I have posted a ticket under the name of
painkilerhttp://typosphere.org/trac/ticket/942
.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Levi McCallum

On 16 Jun 2006, at 12:03, levi mccallum wrote:

I am very new to typo, let alone rails. But I just set up a Typo
Blog yesterday.
Everything was running smoothly until I started to get random 500
errors when I clicked on a single post. It would ultimately print
out “Application error (Rails)”.
Now every time I access my web site ( http://evilmac.org ) It gives
me the same error. I had this problem this morning, so I
uninstalled the blog and reinstalled it. Worked fine for an hour,
the did the same thing.
I have posted a ticket under the name of painkiler.

I’ve no idea about Rails errors. Are you sure you (or your host) has
everything set-up correctly? The good old “Is it plugged in” first
step. What version of Rails are you using with 1055? Are you using
fcgi or cgi? Are you using the default template (Azure)?

Same thing!

On 6/16/06, levi mccallum [email protected] wrote:

I have posted a ticket under the name of painkiler.

Nikanorov A. [email protected]
http://blogru.nikanorov.com
This email is: [ ] blogable [ x ] ask first [ ] private

On 16 Jun 2006, at 14:27, Timothy F. wrote:

What shows up in ./log/production.log when you hit the site and get
the
Application error message?

It’s included in the Trac ticket:

http://www.typosphere.org/trac/ticket/942

Ok guys, I was a little vague in my explanation.

I am on dreamhost, running 1055 svn.

It seems that I only get those error messages when I go strait to the
domain, e.g. http://evilmac.org.
but if I go http://evilmac.org/admin it logs in.

The site seemed to work for a few hours last night, then I get the same
error this morning.

I am running fastcgi. And I am really stuck in the mud here…

Followed up to the ticket, but noting it here too. The error is coming
from the connect routines in the MySQL adapter. It’s appears to be
angry about an argument it is receiving to connect with. (“Database
adapter mad! Database adapter smash! Rar! crunch 500.”)

What shows up in ./log/production.log when you hit the site and get the
Application error message?

Thanks,

Tim

Andrey Nikanorov wrote:

error (Rails)".

Typo-list mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list

Timothy F.
http://digital-achievement.com

Lol, Andy your funny.

Anyway, What kind of things can I do to stop it?

Freak!!! This is getting so annoying…

The page works for a while, then when I update my sidebar, it
doesn’t!!!

I want to break something!