Testing (ignore)


#1

Just testing the gateway… plz ignore.


#2

Daniel MD wrote:

Just testing the gateway… plz ignore.

Still Testing. sorry.


#3

Daniel MD wrote:

Daniel MD wrote:

Just testing the gateway… plz ignore.

Still Testing. sorry.

It’s taking for ever to send a notice… is this a cronjob runnung every
XX minutes?


#4

Daniel MD wrote:

Daniel MD wrote:

Daniel MD wrote:

Just testing the gateway… plz ignore.

Still Testing. sorry.

It’s taking for ever to send a notice… is this a cronjob runnung every
XX minutes?

Well i am disapoited, 1hour number of email recieved 0, looks like i
have to look for other options.


#5

Daniel MD wrote:

Not clear how you are posting, or where, but if you are posting to the
list by sending mail to removed_email_address@domain.invalid, have you configured
your account to send you posts of your own mails?

The rest of us have see the original message and your 3 follow ups.

Ray


#6

On Sunday 09 April 2006 19:59, Daniel MD wrote:

Well i am disapoited, 1hour number of email recieved 0, looks like i
have to look for other options.

The ruby forum web gateway is pretty bad in my opinion. What you’re
probably
forgetting is enabling e-mail notification. You have to enable the
notification by hand, it’s not done automaticly on posting. And, the
notification mails often don’t contain a link to the message, even
though it
was intented to be there. It will just say click here: .

But if you’re looking for an alternative, try Gmane (www.gmane.org).
It’s a
news (NNTP) gateway to practicly every mailing list in existence. And if
the
list you wan’t isn’t subsbribed to it yet, you can do it yourself (or
ask the
list admin to).

Anyway, open your favorite newsreader, point it to news.gmane.org,
request the
list of groups, and subsribe to the ones you want. If a list is public,
all
you have to do is confirm the first message you send to the list and you
will
be able to use it without effort in the future. If it is not public,
subsbribe
to the list using the same e-mail address as configured in your news
program,
but disable the mail delivery, since you’ll be retreiving the messages
in your
news program, and not via e-mail.

If you wonder what’s the advantage. Most news programs are a lot better
at
keeping track of conversations. I use the KDE program KNode for example.
Works
pretty well.


#7

Thanks guys sorry for poluting your list…

I was evaluating Rforum for a webstie that i am doing, but it looks too
early to use. I wanted to see if it email gateway was better than
mail2forum, and other solutions, but it is not, adn teh forum part is
very bad, no editing, missing allot of features. Well it’s just a v0.2.

I did enable email notification, i am recieving them now, it takes way
too long, and there is no reply link in the notifications. Anyway i will
stop now, and once again sorry for “testing” on your list. Thanks for
replying Ray, Wiebe.

-Dan


#8

On Sunday 09 April 2006 21:46, Daniel MD wrote:

replying Ray, Wiebe.

-Dan

Just a small remark to add. Editing posts will never work, since it is a
mailing list gateway. Messages posted to a mailing list cannot be
altered.


#9

Wiebe C. wrote:

On Sunday 09 April 2006 21:46, Daniel MD wrote:

replying Ray, Wiebe.

-Dan

Just a small remark to add. Editing posts will never work, since it is a
mailing list gateway. Messages posted to a mailing list cannot be
altered.

Yes, but in the case of an hybrid forum (that is what i am setting up),
part forum part with a category with MLGateway, there is a need for post
editing on the forum categories.