TeensyMUD 2.9.0 released
TeensyMUD is a mud server written in Ruby.
This is startup mud system with most of the low-level infrastructure
already in place.
All you have to do is write a game for it.
Get it at http://teensymud.kicks-ass.org where you’ll also find a
forum, support wiki, and subversion repository.
New features in this release
- Support for SQLite 2 and 3 database back ends.
- Accounts are now first class core objects.
- Support for multiple characters per account and guest accounts
- Create/update time stamping added to database for objects.
- Objects support TinyMush-like success/fail messages in response to
script return values.
- Security based on roles - admin and builder roles
- Support for Telnet EOREC option.
- A line editor (@edit) for editing object fields, scripts and system
- More smart client detection for vt-xxx/xterm terminals.
- Pretty prompt for vtxxx/xterm clients.
- More vtxxx functions supported in TML markup.
- @show command to display object properties.
- @gc command to run garbage collection
Features since version 2.8.0
- Multiplexed single-threaded network driver using Acceptor/Reactor and
- Correct standard TELNET protocol implementation
- Supports TELNET NAWS, TTYPE, ECHO, SGA, and BINARY options
- VT-52/100/102/220 support
- Partial xterm support
- ZMP protocol support
- Client detection (15+ clients tested so far)
- Includes TeensyClient an vt-xxx/xterm capable client for testing.
- Fully persistent virtual world
- DBM, GDBM, SDBM and YAML supported database back ends
- Includes database load and dump utilities
- Configurable object caching support for disk-based databases
- Automatic persistent properties for objects
- Object ownership
- Event-driven system with first class game objects communicating via
- Supports room-based system currently with unlimited exits
- Command based online creation
- Offline creation in YAML
- Color and VT-100 highlighting support for builders using TML
- Dynamic layered command interface
- Currently supports chat, say and emote communication commands
- Currently supports player movement, inventory, get and drop commands
- Help system
- Password encryption
- Runtime extensible commands. Add new commands without rebooting.
- Trigger script programming using Boolean expressions (ala Tiny*) and
- AOP-like cuts for PRE and POST event trigger processing
- Supports multiple persistent and variable timers
- Regression test suite included
- Customizable class level logging support
- Global configuration file support
- API documentation included
- Support forum and wiki
- Portable - runs on Unix, OS/X, Windows
- Liberal license