Sylvester the IronRuby twitter client

Hi all,
I rewrote witty or at least I re-used witty’s xaml to write an IronRuby
twitter client.
However I have a fair bit of workarounds in C#.
I was wondering if I could get somebody from the list to take a look and
maybe give me some ways to do things better or in in the IronRuby
language.

The specs don’t run they are based on an older version of mspec and I
decided to put those in later on when rspec and flexmock are working on
IR.

If you want to check it out you can email me off list and I’ll let you
in to
the svn repo.

Cheers
Ivan

(I will make bug-tracker issue of this, if it turns out not to be aspect
of my environment)

I have been using IR113 for many weeks now and now did the jump to
IR121, causing IR.exe to stop working:

  1. Get IR SVN121 from SVN
  2. Load solution with VisualStudio2008 and compile (compiles without
    errors)
  3. Start debugging with Ruby.Console project as active project

System.IO.FileLoadException was unhandled
Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘ir, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ or one of its
dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x8013141A)

Same error when starting ir.exe from command prompt.

With IR SVN113 and earlier ie.exe seems to start normally.

I am running on Vista-64 (dotnet x64)

Robert B.
Software architect
Napa Ltd
Tammasaarenkatu 3, Helsinki FI-00180
P.O.Box 470, Helsinki FI-00181

Tel. +358 9 22 813 1
Direct. +358 9 22 813 611
GSM +358 45 11 456 02
Fax. +358 9 22 813 800

Email: [email protected] mailto:[email protected]
www.napa.fi http://www.napa.fi/

Just curious, Did you run runfirst.cmd at svn\trunk before you did rake
compile?
Thanks,
Unni

From: Robert B. [email protected]
Subject: [Ironruby-core] IR SVN121 Strong Name validation failed
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 8:11 AM

(IÂ will make bug-tracker issue of this, if it turns out not to be aspect
[...]

GSM +358 45 11Â 456 02
Fax. +358 9 22 813 800

Email: [email protected]

runfirst.cmd registers the test key that is now included in the solution
for
Strong Name Verification Skipping, it doesn’t matter if you’re doing a
rake
compile or a VS compile.

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Robert B.
[email protected]

I did not do rake compile at all (nor runfirst.cmd).

I have so far done all my compilations on VisualStudio2008 and had the
impression that that is a valid alternative to rake compile. At least
has been in case of IR SVN113.

I now have run runfirst.cmd and it fixed the problem, thanks! (Still
using VisualStudio2008, not rake)

Robert B.

From: Robert B. [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 8:11 AM

[...]

Ironruby-core mailing list

There’s going to be some merging of classes as parts of the DLR move
into the next version of the CLR. The alternative to the pain you’re
feeling would be for us to branch the DLR, which we’re not ready to do
yet.

Microsoft is already starting the process of merging the DLR into the
CLR?
Is the DLR considered “done”?

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Curt H. [email protected]

In my ongoing switch from IR SVN 113 to IR SVN 121, another issue has
emerged.

It seems that multiple new classes have been added to
Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll that have identical name with corresponding
classes in System.Core.dll (v. 3.5). Below is my code (that is
complicing and running ok against IR SVN 113) and the build errors
against IR SVN 121.

I can rather easily make a work-around for this case but still wondering
if it is possible to make the code work as it is now and why such
duplicate classes have been added?

Robert B.
Software architect
Napa Ltd
Email: [email protected]

    public T ExecuteStr<T>(string code)
    {
        return

Engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString(code).Execute(Engine.CreateScope(
));
}

    public Action<string, string> RunTests // scriptDir, testMethod

← ERROR CS0433 HERE
{
get
{
ExecuteFile(“Test/TestResults.rb”);
return ExecuteStr<Action<string,
string>>(“TestRunner.method(:run)”);

ScriptService.SharedService.RunTests(ScriptService.ScriptDir,
app.ArgValue(“test”));

------ Build started: Project: gui, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

warning CS1685: The predefined type ‘System.Linq.Expressions.Expression’
is defined in multiple assemblies in the global alias; using definition
from ‘c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference
Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Core.dll’

warning CS1685: The predefined type ‘System.Linq.Expressions.Expression’
is defined in multiple assemblies in the global alias; using definition
from ‘c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference
Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Core.dll’

warning CS1685: The predefined type
‘System.Linq.Expressions.ElementInit’ is defined in multiple assemblies
in the global alias; using definition from ‘c:\Program Files
(x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Core.dll’

C:\work\napa.net\gui\ScriptService.cs(113,16): error CS0433: The type
‘System.Action<T1,T2>’ exists in both ‘c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference
Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Core.dll’ and
‘c:\programs\IronRuby\trunk\build\debug\svn121\Microsoft.Scripting.Core.
dll’

c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference
Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Core.dll: (Related file)

c:\programs\IronRuby\trunk\build\debug\svn121\Microsoft.Scripting.Core.d
ll: (Related file)

Compile complete – 1 errors, 21 warnings

It’s “parts of the DLR”, not the whole thing. And no, the DLR is not
done.