I’m pleased to announce the release of Sup 0.8.
Sup is a console-based email client for people with a lot of email.
It supports tagging, very fast full-text search, automatic contact-
list management, and more. If you’re the type of person who treats
email as an extension of your long-term memory, Sup is for you.
Get it: gem install sup
Learn it: http://sup.rubyforge.org
Love it: firstname.lastname@example.org
Excitement in 0.8:
- Undo support on many operations. Yay!
- Mbox splitting fixes. No more "From "-line problems.
- Mail parsing speedups.
- Many utf8 and widechar fixes. Display of crazy characters should be
- Outgoing email with non-ASCII headers is now properly encoded.
- Email addresses are no longer permanently attached to names. This was
causing problems with automated email systems that used different
with the same address.
- Curses background now retains the terminal default color. This also
Sup work better on transparent terminals.
- Improve dynamic loading of setlocale for Cygwin and BSD systems.
- Labels can now be removed from multiple tagged threads.
- Applying operations to tagged threads is now invoked with ‘=’.
- Buffer list is betterified and is now invoked with ‘;’.
- Zsh autocompletion support.
- As always, many bugfixes and tweaks.