I’m happy to announce the release of Sup 0.7.
The big win in this release is that Ferret index corruption issues
should now be fixed, thanks to an extensive programming of locking and
The other nice change is that text entry will now scroll to the right
upon overflow, thanks to some arcane Curses magic.
To get it: gem install sup, or visit http://sup.rubyforge.org.
What is it?
Sup is a console-based email client for people with a lot of email.
It supports tagging, very fast full-text search, automatic contact-
list management, and more. If you’re the type of person who treats
email as an extension of your long-term memory, Sup is for you.
Sup makes it easy to:
Handle massive amounts of email.
Mix email from different sources: mbox files (even across different
machines), Maildir directories, IMAP folders, POP accounts, and
Instantaneously search over your entire email collection. Search
over body text, or use a query language to combine search
predicates in any way.
Handle multiple accounts. Replying to email sent to a particular
account will use the correct SMTP server, signature, and from
Add custom code to handle certain types of messages or to handle
certain types of text within messages.
Organize email with user-defined labels, automatically track
recent contacts, and much more!
The goal of Sup is to become the email client of choice for nerds
Select changes in this release:
- Ferret index corruption issues fixed (hopefully!)
- Text entry now scrolls to the right on overflow, i.e. is actually
- Ctrl-C now asks user if Sup should die ungracefully
- Add a limit: search operator to limit the number of results
- Added a --query option to sup-tweak-labels
- Added a new hook: shutdown
- Automatically add self as recipient on crypted sent messages
- Read in X-Foo headers
- Added global keybinding ‘U’ shows only unread messages
- As always, many bugfixes and tweaks