I’m pleased to announce the release of Sup 0.10. This version is
frickin’ awesome because not only do we have Ruby 1.9 support, the
Xapian backend is now the default! The next version will discard Ferret
like a used rag.
Sup is a console-based email client for people with a lot of email.
It supports tagging, very fast full-text search, automatic contact-
list management, and more. If you’re the type of person who treats
email as an extension of your long-term memory, Sup is for you.
The Xapian backend is now the default. Convert your old, crash-prone
Ferret index to Xapian by running sup-convert-ferret-index.
Using a Ferret backend will produce a deprecation notice, and will not
supported in 0.11.
Many thanks to Rich Lane for Xapian and Ruby 1.9 work.
Excitement in 0.10:
- Make Xapian backend the default, and add deprecation notice to Ferret
- Now Ruby 1.9 compatible (Xapian backend only).
- Changes are now saved automatically to the index. Pressing “$” now
forces a flush of Xapian indexes, which can minimize quit time.
- Fix problem with replying to Google G. messages.
- Allow toggling of line wrap. Useful for long URLs.
- Multiple attachments can be added at once by specifying a wildcard.
- New command to save all attachments at once.
- As always, many bugfixes and tweaks.