multi_rails version 0.0.2 has been released!
MultiRails, by Relevance
MultiRails allows easy testing against multiple versions of Rails for
your Rails specific gem or plugin.
Use MultiRails to hook in Rails 2.0 testing in your continuous
integration. Still working on Rails 2.0 support? Use MultiRails to
see where your test suite falls down against the 2.0 preview releases
MultiRails was initially developed by members of Relevance while
developing Streamlined against edge Rails. To see how Streamlined
uses MultiRails, go to http://trac.streamlinedframework.org.
- easily test plugins/extensions using a require from your
test_helper.rb and a require in your RakeFile
- rake tasks to test against a specific version of Rails, or all
versions of Rails available locally as Gems
- enable multi_rails testing in a plain ole’ Rails app – this is
difficult right now because of the Rails boot process
- improve docs on how to override what files are required by multi_rails
- test against Rails versions that are just checked out, and not
installed via Gems
- Ruby 1.8.5 or higher
- Rails 1.2.1 or higher
- at least one copy of Rails installed via rubygems.
first public release!
add link to email group
add hook file to load rake tasks when used as a gem
change the env var for specifying the rails version under test to
avoid name conflicts