Stylesheet problems and 304 errors

I am having problems serving 0.61 through Lighttpd. The pages will load
without the css in Safari 2 on OS X. I checked the error log.

Processing SiteController#show_page (for 75.70.172.93 at 2007-08-27
02:44:27) [GET]
Parameters: {“url”=>[“articles”, “2007”, “08”], “action”=>“show_page”,
“controller”=>“site”}
Completed in 0.18070 (5 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00886 (4%) | 200 OK
[http://www.ushousingreport.com/articles/2007/08/]

Processing SiteController#show_page (for 75.70.172.93 at 2007-08-27
02:44:29) [GET]
Parameters: {“url”=>[“styles.css”], “action”=>“show_page”,
“controller”=>“site”}
Completed in 0.00164 (610 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00028 (17%) | 304 Not
Modified [http://www.ushousingreport.com/styles.css]

It looks like it is not serving the get request because the stylesheet
has not been modified.

I do not receive this problem when using webrick on the same server.

Is there something basic I should be checking?

Additional info:

The stylesheet is served after the third request.

Processing SiteController#show_page (for 75.70.172.93 at 2007-08-27
02:59:08) [GET]
Parameters: {“url”=>[“articles”, “2007”, “08”], “action”=>“show_page”,
“controller”=>“site”}
Completed in 0.24906 (4 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00612 (2%) | 200 OK
[http://www.ushousingreport.com/articles/2007/08/]

Processing SiteController#show_page (for 75.70.172.93 at 2007-08-27
02:59:09) [GET]
Parameters: {“url”=>[“styles.css”], “action”=>“show_page”,
“controller”=>“site”}
Completed in 0.00156 (640 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00022 (14%) | 304 Not
Modified [http://www.ushousingreport.com/styles.css]

Processing SiteController#show_page (for 75.70.172.93 at 2007-08-27
02:59:11) [GET]
Parameters: {“url”=>[“articles”, “2007”, “08”], “action”=>“show_page”,
“controller”=>“site”}
Completed in 0.00208 (480 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00032 (15%) | 200 OK
[http://www.ushousingreport.com/articles/2007/08/]

Processing SiteController#show_page (for 75.70.172.93 at 2007-08-27
02:59:12) [GET]
Parameters: {“url”=>[“styles.css”], “action”=>“show_page”,
“controller”=>“site”}
Completed in 0.00179 (559 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00026 (14%) | 304 Not
Modified [http://www.ushousingreport.com/styles.css]

Processing SiteController#show_page (for 75.70.172.93 at 2007-08-27
02:59:13) [GET]
Parameters: {“url”=>[“articles”, “2007”, “08”], “action”=>“show_page”,
“controller”=>“site”}
Completed in 0.00190 (527 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00027 (14%) | 200 OK
[http://www.ushousingreport.com/articles/2007/08/]

Processing SiteController#show_page (for 75.70.172.93 at 2007-08-27
02:59:13) [GET]
Parameters: {“url”=>[“styles.css”], “action”=>“show_page”,
“controller”=>“site”}
Completed in 0.00172 (580 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00017 (10%) | 200 OK
[http://www.ushousingreport.com/styles.css]

Additonal information:

I also receive a redirect message after I save or update a page in
admin.

http://www.ushousingreport.com/admin/pages/1/child/new- page shows
message below

You are being redirected(link).

I have to manually click on the link to go to:

http://www.ushousingreport.com/admin/pages

Aitor Garay-Romero wrote:

Maybe lighttpd is caching your pages incorrectly. Check the
configuration of mod_cache in your lighttpd config. Also google for
“lighttpd etag”.

For me it seems a caching issue.

 /AITOR

Thanks for the info. My hosting provider now prefers Mongrel.

I switched and the problem went away.

Thanks,

Bryan

Maybe lighttpd is caching your pages incorrectly. Check the
configuration of mod_cache in your lighttpd config. Also google for
“lighttpd etag”.

For me it seems a caching issue.

 /AITOR

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs