Stream data from two DBSRX's on USRP1 with uhd_rx_cfile?

Hi,

I have a USRP1 with two DBSRX2 daughterboards installed. I want to
stream
the signals from both boards to file. I haven’t been able to specify
both
boards using uhd_rx_cfile. I’ve tried a few combinations to specify both
boards using something like --spec=“A:0,B:0” to no avail. It should be
possible to do this, right? Any suggestions?

Regards,
Randall.

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 04:56:22PM +0800, Randall W. wrote:

I have a USRP1 with two DBSRX2 daughterboards installed. I want to stream the
signals from both boards to file. I haven’t been able to specify both boards
using uhd_rx_cfile. I’ve tried a few combinations to specify both boards using
something like --spec=“A:0,B:0” to no avail. It should be possible to do this,
right? Any suggestions?

uhd_rx_cfile doesn’t support this (it’s really just a convenience tool).
I suggest using GRC to create a double receiver.

MB

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 11:10:51AM +0200, Martin B. (CEL) wrote:

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 04:56:22PM +0800, Randall W. wrote:

I have a USRP1 with two DBSRX2 daughterboards installed. I want to stream the
signals from both boards to file. I haven’t been able to specify both boards
using uhd_rx_cfile. I’ve tried a few combinations to specify both boards using
something like --spec=“A:0,B:0” to no avail. It should be possible to do this,
right? Any suggestions?

uhd_rx_cfile doesn’t support this (it’s really just a convenience tool).
I suggest using GRC to create a double receiver.

Or (haven’t tried this) you can call uhd_rx_cfile twice?

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin B.
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and

Previous versions of gnuradio had
one “multi_file.py” example which dumps data from two basic_rx daughter
boards. You can get that one and change the driver to uhd.

Easier method is the one that Martin mentioned, use GRC and fill “Subdev
Spec” with your spec.

-Sreeraj