Strange works on Mac but not on linux

Hello,

I have created an application on my macbook and it works well
Then when I moved the rails files to an linux server I have a strange
problem.
1/10 of the application get one error

Logs

NoMethodError in LogsController#index

undefined method `count’ for WEBrick::Log:Class

RAILS_ROOT: script/…/config/…


Very strange any advice ?

Best Regards

Henrik

More logs


Processing LogsController#index (for 172.22.3.28 at 2006-10-19 15:38:25)
[GET]
Session ID: e95efafba7d7f4dfaac8c15dd3cc8274
Parameters: {“action”=>“index”, “controller”=>“logs”}

NoMethodError (undefined method count' for WEBrick::Log:Class): /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/pagination.rb:172:incount_collection_for_pagination’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/pagination.rb:196:in
paginator_and_collection_for' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/pagination.rb:129:inpaginate’
/app/controllers/logs_controller.rb:12:in list' /app/controllers/logs_controller.rb:3:inindex’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/base.rb:910:in
perform_action_without_filters' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:368:inperform_action_without_benchmark’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:in
perform_action_without_rescue' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:inmeasure’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:in
perform_action_without_rescue' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:82:inperform_action’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/base.rb:381:in
process_without_filters' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:377:inprocess_without_session_management_support’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:117:in
process' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.2/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:indispatch’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.2/lib/webrick_server.rb:115:in
handle_dispatch' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.2/lib/webrick_server.rb:81:inservice’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:104:in service' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:65:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:173:in start_thread' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:instart_thread’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:95:in start' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:instart’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:23:in start' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:82:instart’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.2/lib/webrick_server.rb:67:in
dispatch' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.2 /lib/commands/servers/webrick.rb:59 /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:inrequire’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:147:in
require' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.2/lib/commands/server.rb:30 /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:inrequire’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:147:in
`require’
script/server:3

I am experiencing the same exact problem and would appreciate any
advice.

This is a wild guess here, but maybe its confusing a model you are using
(Log I am guessing), with Webrick’s own Log class? Try renaming your
model to something else.

I could just be talking crap though :o)

David F. wrote:

This is a wild guess here, but maybe its confusing a model you are using
(Log I am guessing), with Webrick’s own Log class? Try renaming your
model to something else.

I could just be talking crap though :o)

Sounds like a possibility. I’d also make sure you’re running the exact
same versions of everything on both machines.

Excellent! That was the problem. I changed my model name and I’m
successfully getting the default scaffolding. Thanks for the suggestion

E

Rob N.-2 wrote:


View this message in context:
http://www.nabble.com/Strange-works-on-Mac-but-not-on-linux-tf2473541.html#a7284409
Sent from the RubyOnRails Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs