Strange image display issue

In my .html.erb I wrote:

<%= image_tag @displayPath %>

@displayPath = ‘invalid_plot.png’ when the .erb is rendered.

Viewing the page source in FF I find:

Invalid_plot

The file exist in <rails_root>/images, but FF fails to display the .png.
Instead the als text is displayed.

Entering /home/devel/Aptana RadRails
Workspace/rails_root/images/invalid_plot.png into FF displays the
content of the file.

What is wrong?

Fritz T. wrote:

In my .html.erb I wrote:

<%= image_tag @displayPath %>

@displayPath = ‘invalid_plot.png’ when the .erb is rendered.

What’s with the camelCase? That should be @display_path.

Viewing the page source in FF I find:

Invalid_plot

The file exist in <rails_root>/images, but FF fails to display the .png.
Instead the als text is displayed.

Entering /home/devel/Aptana RadRails
Workspace/rails_root/images/invalid_plot.png into FF displays the
content of the file.

What is wrong?

Your image should be in RAILS_ROOT/public/images . Remember that the
public directory is the actual webroot.

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
[email protected]

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Your image should be in RAILS_ROOT/public/images . Remember that the
public directory is the actual webroot.

Now it works, thanks

Hi Fritz,

Do you have a public directory? Images should be inside the public
images directory so browsers can have access. Is FF the only browser
that will not render the image?

Also, can you go to http://www.yourdomain.com/images/invalid_plot.png ?

Chris

Chris Kershaw wrote:

Also, can you go to http://www.yourdomain.com/images/invalid_plot.png ?

This is, what I did - it doesn’t work. Moving the file to
…/public/images works.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs