anyone know Step by step instruction how to install RForum.
README file in the rforum zip file.
- Install rails:
gem install rails --include-dependencies
- Download the RForum package from http://rforum.andreas-s.net and
- Edit config/database.yml for your database. If you have SQLite
you can keep the default values for testing purposes.
- Setup the database tables:
RAILS_ENV=production rake migrate
- Copy config/default_site.rb to config/site.rb and edit it.
- Start the built-in webserver:
or set up FastCGI as described in the Rails documentation:
- Go to http://your-host:3000/user/register, register yourself as a new
and give the new user administrator privileges:
RAILS_ENV=production script/make_admin username
- Look up your password in the registration mail and log in to create