Static ETags

Hi Everyone,
I had a look at the Static Etag 3rd party module, and noticed a few
things:

  1. There is a memory leak, a malloc() requesting 1000 bytes is called,
    but never free()'d
  2. Doesn’t check headers from client to see if there is a
    “If-None-Matched:” header, so all it does is generate etags, never
    checks
  3. Not very robust.

I’ve written the author Mike W. a couple of times but got no reply. So
I took it upon myself to fix. Below is the github with the fixed
version. This is my first nginx module, so please critique as much as
you can. I’m still getting acquainted with the code.

Posted at Nginx Forum:
http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,223971,223971#msg-223971

On Friday 16 March 2012 19:29:02 trojan2748 wrote:

I’ve written the author Mike W. a couple of times but got no reply. So
I took it upon myself to fix. Below is the github with the fixed
version. This is my first nginx module, so please critique as much as
you can. I’m still getting acquainted with the code.

https://github.com/trojan2748/NginX-Etags

A cursory examination shows a large number of problems with the code.
But
the most serious one is that your module just block nginx on fread(),
which
will completely kill the performance.

wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs