Sqlite3/sqlite3_native (LoadError)

Hi,
I have installed ruby 1.9.2, rubygems 1.3.7 and rails 3.0. created a
demo application. when I start ‘rails server’ I get:
‘require’: no such file to load – sqlite3/sqlite3_native (LoadError)

any idea ?

Thank you.

Dani

Hi,
the above appears when I do:
C:\Rails\first_app>rails server
C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.3.1-x86-mingw32/lib/sqlite3.rb:6:in
`require’: no such file to load – sqlite3/sqlite3_native (LoadError)

Need hellllp. thanks.
dani

Hi,
here is some more information. I’m using windows xp, sp3.
Here is the content of the sqlite3.rb file where the error comes from:

support multiple ruby version (fat binaries under windows)

begin
RUBY_VERSION =~ /(\d+.\d+)/
require “sqlite3/#{$1}/sqlite3_native”
rescue LoadError
require ‘sqlite3/sqlite3_native’ <------ THIS LINE CAUSES THE
ERROR
end

require ‘sqlite3/database’
require ‘sqlite3/version’

Can’t go on working. Appreciat any help. Thanky.

Dani

Ok, found the problem causig this:
I had to set --> gem ‘sqlite3-ruby’, ‘1.2.5’, :require => ‘sqlite3’

in the Gemfile and comment out:
gem ‘sqlite3-ruby’, :require => ‘sqlite3’

Does the file exist?

I can’t help much on windows, but have resolved similar issues on UNIX
with a full path, not a relative path.

After a lot of debugging I tried to add

puts RUBY_VERSION

sqlite3.rb file. This made me realized rails was somehow running an
old jruby version. After even more debugging I realized I was actually
running rails for jruby (hint: which rails, cat the rails file and
look for #!..jruby in the top of the file). Reinstalling rails did the
trick…

I got a similar error when installing ruby 1.9.2 for the first time.
After a lot of frustration I finally discovered that when I added

puts RUBY_VERSION

into the sqlite3.rb file, that rails somehow was using an old jruby
version I had installed previously. After even more debugging I opened
the the rails executable (which rails) and found it was actually
declaring something like #!..jruby. So somehow I must have installed
the rails gem for jruby… Uninstalling and reinstalling rails did the
trick… Not sure how likely it is that anyone will have the same
issue as I had though :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,

For me, I had to download and move the
sqlite3.exe
sqlite3.dll

into a folder in my path, like C:/Windows or for me c:/Ruby 1.9.2/bin/

Hope that helps

Guillaume N. wrote in post #977959:

For me, I had to download and move the
sqlite3.exe
sqlite3.dll

into a folder in my path, like C:/Windows or for me c:/Ruby 1.9.2/bin/

Hope that helps

Thanks! Downloading the two files and putting them in the bin folder
solved my problem, too.

http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs