Sprocket Digest + Debug combination broken?

Hi all,

we’re just in the process of upgrading to the new asset pipeline, but
I’m
having an annoying issue with Sprockets.

It turns out that I can’t enable both debug and digest in
development
mode. When I do, I get a Errno::ENAMETOOLONG because the digest becomes
the
entire content of the file instead of a hex. I get this with both
sass
and javascript.

Anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,
/C

The (things I think are) relevant information:

The actual error:

Errno::ENAMETOOLONG in Welcome#index

Showing /app/views/layouts/simple.html.erb where line #18
raised:File name too long - /app/assets/images/(function($) {
var
remotipart; …

application.rb

config.assets.enabled = true
config.assets.version = '1.0'

development.rb

config.assets.compress = false
config.assets.compile = true
config.assets.debug = true
config.assets.digest = true

offending line in layout file:

<%= javascript_include_tag ‘application’ %>

and the last couple of lines from the framework stacktrace:

/ruby-1.9.2-p290/lib/ruby/1.9.1/pathname.rb:963:in open' /Users/christoffer/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p290/lib/ruby/1.9.1/pathname.rb:963:inentries’
/Users/christoffer/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p290/lib/ruby/1.9.1/pathname.rb:963:in
entries' hike (1.2.1) lib/hike/index.rb:80:inentries’ hike (1.2.1)
lib/hike/index.rb:129:in match' hike (1.2.1) lib/hike/index.rb:113:inblock in find_in_paths’ hike (1.2.1) lib/hike/index.rb:112:in each' hike (1.2.1) lib/hike/index.rb:112:infind_in_paths’ hike (1.2.1)
lib/hike/index.rb:63:in block in find' hike (1.2.1) lib/hike/index.rb:57:ineach’ hike (1.2.1) lib/hike/index.rb:57:in find' sprockets (2.0.3) lib/sprockets/trail.rb:74:inresolve’ sprockets (2.0.3)
lib/sprockets/trail.rb:78:in resolve' sprockets (2.0.3) lib/sprockets/trail.rb:96:infind_asset_in_path’ sprockets (2.0.3)
lib/sprockets/base.rb:101:in find_asset' sprockets (2.0.3) lib/sprockets/index.rb:48:infind_asset’ sprockets (2.0.3)
lib/sprockets/base.rb:110:in []' actionpack (3.1.1) lib/sprockets/helpers/rails_helper.rb:141:indigest_for’ actionpack
(3.1.1)
lib/sprockets/helpers/rails_helper.rb:154:in rewrite_asset_path' actionpack (3.1.1) lib/action_view/asset_paths.rb:27:incompute_public_path’
actionpack (3.1.1)
lib/action_view/helpers/asset_tag_helpers/asset_include_tag.rb:64:in
path_to_asset' actionpack (3.1.1) lib/action_view/helpers/asset_tag_helpers/javascript_tag_helpers.rb:19:inasset_tag’ actionpack (3.1.1)
lib/action_view/helpers/asset_tag_helpers/asset_include_tag.rb:57:in
block in include_tag' actionpack (3.1.1) lib/action_view/helpers/asset_tag_helpers/asset_include_tag.rb:57:incollect’ actionpack (3.1.1)
lib/action_view/helpers/asset_tag_helpers/asset_include_tag.rb:57:in
include_tag' actionpack (3.1.1) lib/action_view/helpers/asset_tag_helpers/javascript_tag_helpers.rb:187:injavascript_include_tag’ actionpack (3.1.1)
lib/sprockets/helpers/rails_helper.rb:29:in `block (2 levels) in
javascript_include_tag’