I’ve just uploaded version 2 of my Spectrum Sense n Play GNU Radio
Companion application, compatible with the current master branch of GNU
Radio (git commit: dd387a3708196f382f0c1e8041077bf94038ae98).
It is currently setup to simultaneously monitor 4,000 6.25Khz channels
between 118MHz to 136MHz and picks the strongest one to tune in to. For
those of you who have an Ettus USRP2, N200 or N210 this should work out
the box with the WBX daughterboard. For use with other devices e.g.
USRP1/RTL-SDR dongle you need to swap out the UHD source block and alter
the uhd_sample_rate variable.
Features in this version:
- Frequency block list → Paste in center frequencies to block,
by a space e.g. “118575000 121500000 134175000”.
- Hold → Press to hold on frequency, press again to continue.
- Skip → Press to enable frequency skip mode, press again to continue.
this when adding a new frequency to block.
- Squelch → Adjust so that transmissions are heard without listening to
- AM Demodulation → currently configured to receive VHF airband
- Config File → Uses a config file to save the squelch level and
Here are the files:
GRC flowgraph →
GUI in action →
Direct link to the GRC file:
Please give it a test run and have a play with it. All feedback is